For this situation you have to keep an eye out for a dark dot in the center of a WhatsApp message, however, evidently, the bug message isn't generally so natural to spot.
This is not the first time that such a message has been circulating in the platform. Separately, WhatsApp's latest Android beta version hints that the company has registered a new domain name called wa.me, a short link for api.whatsapp.com, and it opens a chat automatically without the help of the app in the browser.More news: Facebook to launch dating service
It should be noted though that the black dot prank message only works on Android smartphones, following an iOS bug that blocked WhatsApp and other communications apps.
To enjoy the new chat feature, WhatsApp's 1.5 billion active users need to type https://wa.me/(phone number) of the person they want to drop the text to. It is specially crafted because it is created to lure users into tapping a portion of the text so the hidden symbols are expanded, which then overloads the app and even the entire operating system of the smartphone.More news: APC factions in Ebonyi hold parallel Congresses
WhatsApp has finally started working on the WhatsApp Business app for iOS as well, as a couple of screenshots from the upcoming app have been leaked online. The second message bomb says, "If you touch the black point then your whatsapp will hang", and it also has a finger emoji pointing to a dot. In some cases, it freezes the app. One such nefarious intentions are new buggy messages found on the WhatsApp Android app. The bad thing about message bombs is that they crash the user's smartphone after the user clicked on the message. WhatsApp itself has yet to make any comment on the bug or issue a patch to protect against it, so we can't yet be sure about exactly what's going on. However, it is better avoiding such message forwards. Other various messaging apps too have become victim to such buggy messages including Facebook-owned WhatsApp.
Have you already received this cheeky message? There are also complaints of Android phones being disrupted by the message bombs.More news: English Premier League: With top four at stake
- Get well soon boss: Ronaldo, Beckham wish Alex Ferguson speedy recovery
- Narendra Modi calls Congress 'deal party', says no one can save it
- Toure to leave Manchester City at the end of the season
- Air France-KLM shares plummet in aftermath of CEO Janaillac 's resignation
- Friday Night Playoffs: Warriors @ Pelicans
- Melania Trump's approval rating jumps in new poll
- How Analysts Rated The Unite Group plc (LON:UTG) Last Week?
- Donald Trump denies he is changing his story on Stormy Daniels payment
- Elon Musk Apologizes for Dismissing Finance Questions; Tesla Stocks Fall Anyway
- #BellewHaye2: Tony Bellew Knocks Out David Haye To Win Rematch