However, despite ultimately succumbing to relegation West Brom have seen an impressive upturn in form of late delaying their demotion - having accrued 11 points from an available 15 since former defender Moore took over as caretaker manager. The players refused and walked the final part of the journey. The south coast club were due to stay in the Swansea Marriott hotel on Monday night before the game on Tuesday.
Last night, Southampton beat Swansea in an absolutely huge relegation showdown that all but saw Southampton safe, and may have condemned the Swans to the Championship.
Either way, Carvalhal's services won't be retained beyond then, with BBC Sport positing that the Swansea board have decided not to renew his short-term contract after a run of eight games without a win.More news: Destiny 2 Warmind DLC Available Tomorrow, File Size Revealed
Hughes was understandably livid about the situation before the game, but he revealed after the victory that he thought the situation had actually helped.
The Saints have a much better goal difference than many of those around them at -18, meaning there is a now a nine-goal swing between them and the Swans who sit on -27.
"They were emotion as a outcome of winning this key game". "But we played to win".
"There is a little bit of a cushion but we are playing Man City and we have to be careful".More news: Details Surrounding Nintendo Online Services Emerge
"But those things you can use to your own benefit as a motivating factor".
Due to the goal difference it could all but seal Swansea's fate.
Ghana's Andre and Jordan Ayew are on the verge of becoming only the second brothers to go down with an EPL team following Huddersfield's 1-1 stalemate with Chelsea on Wednesday. "We must react very fast because we have a game on Sunday".
"It's terrible not to depend on ourselves", said Swansea boss Carvalhal. "After that, we can wait that a kind of miracle can happen".More news: Flawless blend? Nestle buys privilege to sell Starbucks coffee for $7.2bn
- 1 killed, 2 badly wounded in South Africa mosque attack
- Spurs 1-0 Newcastle: Kane fires Tottenham to UCL next term
- Sterling falls after BoE holds rates, slashes growth forecasts
- Flipkart co-founder Sachin quits after Walmart deal
- Kenyan dam bursts after weeks of rain, killing at least 32
- Pogba likely to stay at Manchester United next season, says Mourinho
- Android P Wear OS DP2 available now, rolls back controversial change
- Triple murder suspect kills himself after standoff, police say
- Bill Gates Thinks Digital Currencies Are Poor Investments
- Kansas picked as participant in Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Pilot Program