The National Basketball Coaches Association - the association of NBA head coaches - announced Wednesday that Casey has been voted Coach of the Year by his peers. In an opening statement that said he was happy with the results of the regular season and disappointed by what happened in the playoffs - fair and fair - Casey also said this: "Maybe for individual players it's a wasted season, but for our team and our program, it's not a wasted year". Perhaps the situation is turning into one where the Raptors have their eye on a particular candidate and would be willing to replace Casey if an opportunity arose. "Guess what? I have to look at a body of work". However, losing to the Cavaliers after blowing a 10-point lead (courtesy of USA Today) late in the fourth quarter and losing Game 1, the good vibes disappeared quickly for Dwane Casey and the Raptors.More news: Former Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney set to leave Everton for MLS
Although the Raptors had the best record in the Eastern Conference (59-23), a coaching change may be necessary in order to shake things up.More news: Indian refiners in no rush to seek alternatives to Iranian oil
Any talk of firing coach Dwane Casey should be immediately dismissed as totally unwarranted.
During his tenure in Toronto, Casey has guided the Raptors to five straight playoff appearances and three consecutive 50-win seasons. "Like I said, I'm still here, nobody's told me any different ..."More news: Red Sox-Yankees Will Play Two Games In London In 2019
"With his team fresh off another disappointing postseason exit, Toronto Raptors president Masai Ujiri has some hard decisions to make over the coming months", according to Josh Lewenberg of TSN. What these guys have done will remain in history for this organization, and I think we have to respect that. As now constructed, the Raptors are a guard-oriented team built to play an up-tempo style. "We got stuck at a certain point". Looking back, Raptors' fans have much to be appreciative of this season. "We believe in the growth".
- Instagram To Add Music To Posts, Code Reveals
- Destiny 2 Warmind DLC Available Tomorrow, File Size Revealed
- Bill Gates Thinks Digital Currencies Are Poor Investments
- Kyle Edmund beats David Goffin in last 16 — Madrid Open
- Unofficial results show Hezbollah gains in Lebanon elections
- Details Surrounding Nintendo Online Services Emerge
- Raptors aim to avoid sweep as betting underdogs vs. Cavs
- Kenyan dam bursts after weeks of rain, killing at least 32
- Flawless blend? Nestle buys privilege to sell Starbucks coffee for $7.2bn
- Triple murder suspect kills himself after standoff, police say