The Longhorns will host the Crimson Tide on September 10, 2022 and then will travel to Alabama on September 9, 2023. The Longhorns' lone trip to Tuscaloosa came in that initial 1902 game, while the Crimson Tide has played in Austin twice - 1915 and 1922.
According to the University of Texas, the Longhorns will host Bama on September 10, 2022, at the Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium and then travel to Tuscaloosa, Alabama on September 9, 2023, to face off against them on their home turf - the Bryant-Denny Stadium.More news: African Union reacts to relocation of US embassy to Jerusalem
Almost a month after announcing a future home-and-home series against Notre Dame, Alabama unveiled a second huge series against another of the nation's blue blood programs. "It's been almost 100 years since Alabama has visited Austin and over a century since the Longhorns have traveled to Tuscaloosa, so we're looking forward to it".
"We are pleased and happy to be able to add an opponent the caliber of the University of Texas to our non-conference schedule", Saban said in a statement. In nine previous matchups between the two college football titans, Texas - and not Alabama - holds a decided edge with a 7-1-1 record. "This will certainly be a great opportunity for our program and our fans".More news: Microsoft announces the Surface Hub 2
The Knights' final road game in the series repeatedly was pushed back until Texas announced the finale was canceled. UTEP will visit Austin on September 19, 2020.
Texas has also added a home game against the UTEP Miners.More news: Kevin O'Brien is proud to smash Ireland's maiden Test ton
- Stormy Daniels' lawyer spotted with Christie Brinkley
- East Coast railway line through Stevenage brought back under public control
- Raw 5/14 Taping Spoilers: Money In The Bank Qualifiers
- German outrage after football stars pose with Turkish President Erdogan
- When is Ramadan 2018? Muslims Set To Begin Holy Month Of Fasting
- Former Student Shot After Gunfire Exchange With Officer At Dixon High School
- Dee Gordon ready to play second base for Mariners with Cano out
- Formula One: Dominant Lewis Hamilton reigns in Spain, Sebastian Vettel fourth
- Tesla Driver in Utah Crash Says Autopilot Was Engaged
- Suspect in Massive CIA Leak Identified