He hit eight sixes and seven fours to reach the triple figure mark.
The win dashed the hopes of SRH, 2016 winners and led ably by Kane Williamson (in the absence of Aussie David Warner, who is serving a year-long ban in connection with the ball tampering saga), to win the coveted title.
Later Dhoni took to Instagram to post a picture of himself, Ziva and his wife Sakshi thanking people for supporting CSK and congratulating Shane Watson for his 117 not out that brought CSK's victory. I think from that point onwards, that innings of Shane Watson. anyone who turns out with an innings of 100-plus in the final, it was obviously a significant effort and great contribution to their side and very hard to stop, so a fantastic knock.More news: Battlefield V Ditches the Premium Pass, Launches in October
Players like Faf du Plessis and Dwayne Bravo, who are 33 and 34 respectively, have played key roles in the team s road towards their record seventh IPL final.
Earlier, after being put into bat, captain Kane Williamson (47) missed out on his ninth half-century in this year's IPL and Yusuf Pathan made an unbeaten 45 to lift Hyderabad's total to 6-178. While CSK qualified for the final after their win against today's opponent in the first playoff, Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 14 runs in the third playoff to secure their berth in the final.
"The age. of the boys was definitely a concern", said the 36-year-old Dhoni.
Chennai Super Kings batsman Ambati Rayudu hits the winning runs for his team. A whopping 27 runs were scored in this expensive over by Sandeep Sharma. Indian fans stormed the internet with requests to grant Rashid Khan Indian citizenship so he can play for Team India.More news: Team Penske to give Helio Indy 500 ride in '19
Returning after five matches, Saha looked awfully out of sorts with six runs from 12 balls and carried on with a dash of luck after being dropped on five when Karthik grassed a skier. Wasn't to be, and they certainly showed their experience.
Rashid's variation with the bowling is the one of the main reasons why Sunrisers Hyderabad topped the points table at the close of the league phase of IPL 2018.
After the match, the Australian all-rounder said: "It's been a special season to be honest". And he also batted at four.
Afghan leaders have also praised Rashid for his performance.More news: Texas shooting suspect's dad says son may have been bullied
- Jared Kushner receives permanent security clearance
- Cyclone Mekunu surges through Oman killing 2
- North Korea summit cancellation a setback to dealmaker Donald Trump
- Trudeau to Trump: Auto tariffs would hit U.S. just as hard
- Parents sue 30-year-old son to move out of house
- Donald Trump to Naval Academy Graduates: 'America Is Back'
- Israel starts building fortified maritime barrier on coastal border with Gaza
- Hawaii's Kilauea volcano: Power plant wells plugged, blue flames in suburban street
- Weinstein charged with rape, sex abuse
- Manchester Bombing: Royals and community remember terror attack that killed 22