The HomePod is compatible with the iPhone 5s or later and various iPad models, with iOS 11.2.5 or later. You can also control the synced speaker directly from the lock screen of iPhones and iPads and also through Siri. Tap there, and the iOS 11.4 update should be waiting for you to download just by following the onscreen prompts. AirPlay lets users stream audio or video from an Apple device to another through Wi-Fi connectivity, and also mirror what's on their device.
iOS 11.4, released today (May 29), adds AirPlay 2, giving you the ability to sync up compatible speakers throughout your home when streaming audio. Apple has said that the digital assistant functions aren't as important as the audio features because people mostly use smart speakers to play music.More news: Everything To Know About Deadly Nipah Virus
The following are set to benefit from Apple AirPlay 2. If you have speakers that support AirPlay 2, you can use Siri for music control as well.
Anyway, as it turns out, there is a much more important feature in iOS 11.4 than AirPlay 2 stereo pairing. This brings some important changes to HomePod, including the stereo pairing option that was missing at launch. There is also an advanced beamforming that is claimed to provide wider soundstage than a traditional stereo pair. With AirPlay 2, they should be able to add other brand speakers to their existing Sonos devices.More news: Israel starts building fortified maritime barrier on coastal border with Gaza
Messages in iCloud moves all those messages-including attachments and photos shared in those messages-from Apple devices to iCloud. That is to say, should a device be inacessible, you'll still be able to see all received messages on your other devices.
Messages in iCloud have been coming soon for nearly a while now, and its good the firm is finally delivering on their promise.
Messages on iCloud can be turned on from the Settings Tapping on Account iCloud and toggling on iCloud backup for messages.More news: Italy's euroskeptic candidate for economy minister seeks to reassure president
- Team Penske to give Helio Indy 500 ride in '19
- Harvey Weinstein arrested on rape, criminal sex act charges
- Hamas: Gaza groups agree to truce if Israel ceases fire
- Cyclone Mekunu surges through Oman killing 2
- LeBron, Cavs facing win-or-else Game 6 vs Celtics
- Trump says American prisoner in Venezuela has been released
- US Navy conducting Sunday morning maneuvers in the South China Sea
- Golden Knights' pregame show was weird start to Stanley Cup
- Chennai Super Kings vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Trump and Abe to meet before North Korea summit