While a chance at World Cup glory seems bleak, the 30-year-old will still go all in to ensure that The Albiceleste go as far as they possibly can.
Dybala, 24, is widely considered as one of the most talented attackers in Europe at the moment but his involvement in the Argentina national team was in doubt due to the alleged incompatibility with captain Lionel Messi.
That Messi was not involved in either the semis or the final was great news for Argentina, who have become remarkably reliant on the five-time Ballon d'Or victor over the past couple of years.More news: Team Penske to give Helio Indy 500 ride in '19
Lionel Messi will be acutely aware that this is nearly certainly his final World Cup at his peak.
"My dream was to play for Newell's as a kid, going to the matches with my dad, my brothers, my friends. after that; circumstances in life took me elsewhere but I still have that in mind". "We don't have an easy group".
"I played and scored against Croatia once, in 2011 at U20 World Cup and we won 5-2".
Speaking on radio, the Nigeria worldwide and German Bundesliga Mainz 05 player said the World Cup is a big stage where racism should not be tolerated.More news: LeBron, Cavs facing win-or-else Game 6 vs Celtics
'With Messi, Barcelona didn't want to lose him of course and they made [the offer] that was needed to keep the player at the club.
"The other day I was talking to a friend and he told me "if you had chosen Spain, you'd be a World Cup victor already", but it wouldn't have been the same", added Messi.
The gulf in class was obvious in Buenos Aires, where 103 spots separated fifth-ranked Argentina and Haiti. We are not candidates but we are very good, training and improving day by day.
A World Cup throws up results you don't imagine.More news: North Korea summit cancellation a setback to dealmaker Donald Trump
- U.S. To Continue Trade Actions Against China: White House
- Golden Knights edge Capitals in wild Stanley Cup final opener
- Trudeau to Trump: Auto tariffs would hit U.S. just as hard
- Subtropical Storm Alberto Heads Toward Gulf Coast
- José Mourinho targets Porto full-back Diogo Dalot for Manchester United
- Trump says American prisoner in Venezuela has been released
- Europe must make press freedom in Iran a priority
- Israel starts building fortified maritime barrier on coastal border with Gaza
- New Signing Fabinho Reveals How Liverpool Forward Convinced Him to Join Reds
- Harvey Weinstein arrested on rape, criminal sex act charges