Reid was the first National Football League player to take a knee alongside Kaepernick in 2016 to protest police brutality and racial injustice.
A few National Football League players are considering sitting out the season unless former San Francisco 49ers players, Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid, are given contracts, Shaun King announced on Tuesday.
The league announced last week that players who kneel during the anthem on the field would be fined, but they can stay in the locker room if they want to protest.More news: Roseanne Wanted TV Show To Be Canceled, Ex-Husband Says
Reid kneeled right alongside Kaepernick in protest.
Geragos did not name the owner he said testified under oath that he didn't sign Kaepernick because of Trump.
"I was totally supportive of [the players] until Trump made his statement", Ross said in his deposition before going on to say he thought Trump "changed the dialogue".
One week after NFL owners stunned many by agreeing on a new policy to fine teams if their players do not stand for the national anthem, a SurveyMonkey poll conducted exclusively for Yahoo Finance finds that a slight majority of adults approve of the policy.More news: Top Russian Official Pledges Support for Family of Slain Journalist, Arkady Babchenko
Kaepernick was released in 2016, Reid's last season was 2017. The quarterback has said he was protesting social injustice issues. The specificity of state laws about political speech, as well as legal loopholes created because some stadiums are publicly owned or financed, could further add wrinkles to the picture.
Dash asked him if he had any evidence.More news: Warriors roar back to take West, setting up fourth finals against Cavs
- Fallout 76: Vault Secrets REVEALED for Bethesda's new West Virginia based game?
- Europe must make press freedom in Iran a priority
- Trump says American prisoner in Venezuela has been released
- José Mourinho targets Porto full-back Diogo Dalot for Manchester United
- Apple Releases iOS 11.4 With Messages in iCloud and AirPlay 2
- Ambien Maker: Racism Not A Side Effect, Despite What Roseanne Says
- Everything To Know About Deadly Nipah Virus
- Zinedine Zidane leaves Real Madrid after third Champions League title
- New Signing Fabinho Reveals How Liverpool Forward Convinced Him to Join Reds
- US Navy conducting Sunday morning maneuvers in the South China Sea