Melania Trump will not accompany President Donald Trump to the G7 summit in Canada on Friday or to his historic summit in Singapore on June 12, it was revealed on the 24th day the first lady hasn't been since in public since her surgery.
The first lady's spokeswoman put out a statement last week saying "she has had several meetings internally with staff, and will continue to do so this week".
It's now been 21 days since the First Lady was seen in public. She checked into Walter Reed Medical Center for treatment of what the White House called a benign kidney condition May 14 and didn't leave until May 19.More news: Justin Trudeau: Donald Trump's comments on Canadian steel industry 'insulting'
Drawing a parallel between her tweet and POTUS' earlier tweet, social media went on a rollercoaster ride cracking jokes and framing odd theories about the First Lady's tweet. With this, it has been the last 22 days that Melania last made a public appearance.
The reception is not open to the press, the White House added.
But, Huffington Post compared Melania's tweet with previous tweets from the President, and they pointed out that "working overtime" is one of the President's favorite phrases.More news: Trump and aides: We're meeting to re-schedule Kim Jong Un summit
According to reporter Seymour Hersh, President Richard Nixon (left) once punched his wife, Pat (right) so severely that she was hospitalized. She was last spotted with President Donald Trump on May 10 at Andrews Air Force Base as they welcomed home three Americans who had been held prisoner in North Korea.
She didn't join her husband at a White House sports and fitness event on Thursday, where Ivanka Trump was present with the president.
Then, on May 30 an update popped up on the First Lady's Twitter account.More news: American Cancer Society urges earlier testing for colon cancer
The absence of the intensely private first lady has prompted widespread speculation and conspiracy theories.
- Trump insists Mexico will pay for border wall
- National Doughnut Day Is Friday: Here's Where to Get a Free One
- Mexico aims tariffs at Trump country, sees NAFTA complications
- Indian-origin teen wins Scripps National Spelling Bee
- Trump criticizes Canada's lumber sector after imposing steel, aluminum tariffs
- Mohamed Salah to travel to Spain for treatment on shoulder injury
- 30-year-old New York man evicted by parents leaves their home
- LeBron James' eye remains bloodshot in Game 2 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Alberto's last gasp: Mudslides and flooding in Southeast
- Bryson DeChambeau wins the Memorial Tournament in playoff