Coutinho, who completed a £142m move to Barcelona in January, will line-up for Brazil in a World Cup warm-up friendly against Croatia.
The 26-year-old had surgery in Brazil amid fears he wouldn't be fit for the World Cup.More news: Keith Ellison Boycotting NFL Over 'Cowardly & Idiotic' Anthem Policy
Paris St Germain forward Neymar allayed fears a long injury layoff since hurting his ankle and metatarsal in late February would harm his chances of making an impact in Russian Federation with an impressive display from the bench in his first game back.
Ahead of Brazil's worldwide friendly set to be played against Croatia at Anfield on Sunday, Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish has urged fans not to act in a hostile manner towards former Red Philippe Coutinho.
Neymar is going to be just fine this summer.
The Brazilian received the ball from Philippe Coutinho, dribbled past Croatia defenders Sime Vrsaljko and Duje Caleta-Car and smashed the ball into the net from around five meters.More news: Top Russian Official Pledges Support for Family of Slain Journalist, Arkady Babchenko
Russian Federation 2018 will be Neymar's second World Cup finals.
The Selecao struggled for momentum in the opening 45 minutes, but that all changed when the Paris Saint-Germain forward came off the bench at half time to make his first appearance in three months.
Brazil instantly appeared more threatening, with the PSG man linking up quickly with Jesus.
Croatia can take solace from having the best of a combative first half that earned them bookings for Kramaric, shown yellow for a knee-high studs-up foul on Thiago Silva, and Ivan Perisic for hauling down Manchester City's Gabriel Jesus.More news: Facebook is removing the the trending news feature next week
- Holtby, Capitals deliver resilient Game 2 performance
- US plans 'steady drumbeat' of exercises in South China Sea: Mattis
- Zinedine Zidane leaves Real Madrid
- Indian-origin teen wins Scripps National Spelling Bee
- Mohamed Salah to travel to Spain for treatment on shoulder injury
- Trump criticizes Canada's lumber sector after imposing steel, aluminum tariffs
- Justin Trudeau: Donald Trump's comments on Canadian steel industry 'insulting'
- Alberto's last gasp: Mudslides and flooding in Southeast
- President Trump Says Summit With North Korea is Back On - Katie Pavlich
- EA Sports ran Federation Internationale de Football Association 18 World Cup simulation