"I apologized to my family, to Monica Lewinsky and her family, and to the American people".
Trump Jr. was responding to Clinton's interview with NBC's The Today Show, during which Clinton claimed he had publicly apologized to Lewinsky but had not spoken to her privately. "So, I just disagree with her".More news: Neymar returns with brilliant solo goal against Croatia
Appearing on TODAY and Sunday Morning over the past couple days to promote his novel co-written with James Patterson, Clinton seemed caught off guard when asked about the "inappropriate relationship" he admitted to with Monica Lewinsky who worked as a White House intern in the mid-90s. The House impeached Clinton in 1998, but the Senate acquitted the President, preventing his removal from office.
Clinton also asked Melvin if he would have called for former presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson to resign, presumably because of alleged extra-marital affairs while in office. "He was 27 years my senior, with enough life experience to know better".
The movement emerged last October after media reports revealed several allegations of sexual assault and harassment against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein and other powerful men in the media, politics, and Hollywood.More news: Three people trapped by lava airlifted to safety near Hawaii volcano
Clinton broached the subject with a wry smile, saying that he thought current comparisons were being stoked by Republicans in reaction to sexual allegations against President Donald Trump.
Still, she told Vanity Fair in an interview this year, "I now see how problematic it was that the two of us even got to a place where there was a question of consent". What's more, McAuliffe co-chaired Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign.
"Now, at 44, I'm beginning (just beginning) to consider the implications of the power differentials that were so vast between a president and a White House intern".
"Do you feel like you owe her an apology?" the NBC reporter asked. Clinton said he would not have, adding that he did support MeToo and that the movement was long overdue. "That's all I have to say to you".More news: Afghan forces end ISIL attack on ministry in Kabul
- Facebook gave 60 device makers "deep access" to user data
- Indian-origin teen wins Scripps National Spelling Bee
- Kasich calls on Trump to condemn Roseanne's tweets
- Mexico aims tariffs at Trump country, sees NAFTA complications
- Teens are breaking up with Facebook faster than we thought, says study
- Trump criticizes Canada's lumber sector after imposing steel, aluminum tariffs
- Melania Mystery Continues: First Lady Won't Accompany President To G7 Or Singapore
- Zinedine Zidane leaves Real Madrid
- Evangelist wants $54M jet: 'Jesus wouldn't be riding…
- Trump Breaks Protocol, Sends Market Signal on Jobs Report Before Data Released