Not a single woman has been included among the world's top 100 earning sportspeople - the first time it has been entirely populated by men since Forbes began compiling an extended list eight years ago.
For the first time since 2010, no female athletes made the list, which Forbes dubbed "an all-male affair".More news: Facebook gave 60 device makers "deep access" to user data
Forbes calculated a player's total earnings in 2018 by combining their reported total salary, winnings, bonuses and the amounts reported from a player's endorsement deals - for golfers and tennis players, winnings represent their prize money. Argentine footballer Lionel Messi is ranked second in the list, followed by Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo.
Tennis star Serena Williams, who past year was the only woman to feature on the list at 51st place with earnings of $36 million, dropped out of the rankings after taking a break from the sport due to the birth of her daughter. Mayweather easily won that bout, but McGregor has the solace of ranking number four on the Forbes list, with estimated earnings of $99 million.More news: Bryson DeChambeau wins the Memorial Tournament in playoff
Forbes magazine's estimate of the world's top 100 highest-paid athletes in 2018 is quite the boys club. Neymar ($90m) 6. LeBron James ($85,5m) 7.
His rival Ronaldo, who was top of the list the two previous years, drops to third with $108m (£80.9). "But basketball players dominate the top 100 overall thanks to a soaring salary cap triggered by the NBA's $24 billion TV contract". There are no hockey players on the list. He ranks second overall with Dollars 111 million, including USD 27 million through endorsement deals with Adidas, Gatorade, Pepsi and Huawei. The top 100 earned $3.8 billion, a 23% jump over past year. Baseball (14 athletes), Soccer (9), Golf (5), boxing, tennis (4 each) and racing (3) also landed multiple stars in the top 100.More news: Trump criticizes Canada's lumber sector after imposing steel, aluminum tariffs
Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan is the highest earning National Football League player, coming in at ninth with $67.3 million. However, that was about $5 million less than National Basketball Association player Nicolas Batum, who landed the 100th spot on the list.
- Billionaire Koch Brothers Launch Million Dollar Campaign Against Trump's Popular Tariffs
- Tesla 'quite likely' to meet Model 3 goal; Musk remains chairman
- Serena Williams withdraws from French Open before playing Maria Sharapova
- Neymar returns with brilliant solo goal against Croatia
- How to watch French Open 2018 clash online
- Super Eagles Jersey sells out in three minutes
- LeBron James' eye remains bloodshot in Game 2 of 2018 NBA Finals
- More Breast Cancer Patients Can Skip Chemo - Gene Test
- Apple, Google Introducing Tools To Help Users Cut Down On Screen Time
- Vermont will pay you up to $10000 to move there, work remotely