Just 11 days before their Group G opener against Tunisia, Thursday's sold-out Elland Road friendly was the last chance for the Three Lions to fine-tune before departing for Russian Federation.
Should Alexander-Arnold and Henderson be first Choice for Southgate's England.
There were ten changes from the 2-1 win over Nigeria on Saturday - John Stones the only survivor - as Southgate shuffled his pack with just 11 days to go until the big one. "That is epitomised by the three lads that have been with us on standby with their outstanding professional attitude".More news: China criticizes 'protectionism' after U.S. steel tariff hike
Welbeck maintained his fine global scoring record (16 goals in 39 games) by hunkering down low to divert Dele Alli's misplaced shot in off the far upright...
Pope said: "As a kid you watch every World Cup you can, so to be a part of it will be really special".
Phil Jones clipped the crossbar with a header but it was Rashford who looked brightest in a positive early spell for England, and it was fitting for him to break the deadlock. Expectations might be relatively low back home, but there are reasons England have been tipped as dark horses by fans around the globe.
And Rashford admitted afterwards that this was his best game in an England shirt.
Butland will start, but should Pickford be number 1 for England? One would assume right wing-back is one of them. We are not just a London-based team.More news: Tesla 'quite likely' to meet Model 3 goal; Musk remains chairman
England are now playing Costa Rica in their final warm-up match before the 2018 World Cup.
England were on top without exerting too much pressure and got the second they deserved in the 76th minute.
England have a tendency to under-estimate so-called lesser nations, but their performance in winning against Costa Rica, who were hand-picked as opponents in order to prepare Southgate's team for Panama, showed that they have the game plan to win games they should win.
If we're not expecting Costa Rica to contribute, the [1.96] for Under 2.5 goals could be the way to go.More news: United Nations watchdog confident of North Korea role if nuclear deal is struck
- Liverpool Reach £52.8m Agreement for Nabil Fekir
- U.S. trade dispute with Canada a 'family quarrel,' official says
- Billionaire Koch Brothers Launch Million Dollar Campaign Against Trump's Popular Tariffs
- More Breast Cancer Patients Can Skip Chemo - Gene Test
- Amazon Prime Video to stream live Premier League matches and highlights
- Lowest price ever for Echo Show at Amazon
- No women make Forbes' list of top paid sport stars
- US Women's Open: Ariya Jutanugarn leads by four shots after three rounds
- Details of Fred's Manchester United deal revealed
- Man bitten by severed rattlesnake head