The forward has been expected to confirm his future before the World Cup and said Saturday that was still the case. Some reports had pointed to Lemar's arrival as a key factor in whether Griezmann would return to the club or leave for Barcelona this summer.
Despite Antoine Griezmann appearing ready to make an announcement on his future on Tuesday, the Atletico Madrid striker has claimed it wasn't the right time to do so.More news: How Paul Manafort is connected to Trump, Russia investigation
Aged seven, and wearing the No 7 on his back, he is seen with a friend excitedly running around getting autographs from the World Cup-winning squad.
However, at a France press conference on Tuesday afternoon, he declined to give an update on his future intentions. I don't know if he's the priority.
Barca's public pursuit of Griezmann has angered Atletico, who reported them to Federation Internationale de Football Association in December for making an illegal approach for the player and followed up with a statement in May telling Barca "enough is enough".More news: Trade war: European Union to put tariffs on USA after Trump’s ‘depressing’ tweets
"There's no more pressure on me, I am relaxed, focused on the World Cup". Barca hope to sign him on July 1, when his release clause drops to €100 million, while Atletico are trying to convince him to stay by offering an improved contract.
"I can only say that to win the Champions League you have to have the best players".More news: North America and Morocco finalists for hosting 2026 World Cup
- Southgate's Lions are on their way to Russian Federation
- Recalled melon linked to 60 illnesses was distributed in NC, officials say
- How did Anthony Bourdain die? Heart-breaking details reveal cause of death
- Ghanaian President Akufo-Addo dissolves country’s FA
- Fortnite On Switch Has Built-In Voice Chat, No App Required
- Central Pa. law firm representing Triple Crown-winning horse
- How Guardiola Reacted To Yaya Toure’s Discrimination Accusations
- Who's the Spider-Man Game's Mystery Villain?
- India, China ink 2 MoUs, Xi accepts Modi’s invite for informal summit
- Why Was Singapore Chosen To Host The Summit?