During their first outing as everyone's new favorite royal duo, the Queen guided Markle through an almost-awkward moment when it came to getting into their vehicle to travel to the opening of the Mersey Gateway Bridge.
Meghan, who married the monarch's grandson in a glittering ceremony at her Windsor Castle home last month, will travel by the Royal Train to northwest England for a day of events.
"The couple has been keen to explore other countries in Africa, and I'm certain we'll see them do that on this honeymoon".
With the Queen's comfort of utmost importance, the train operator even ensures the train doesn't go over any bumps in the track around 7.30am, to avoid the Queen's bath water splashing out.
She told Daily Star Online: "Meghan has always had a habit of touching her hair to either preen it (when she's flirting with Harry) or to tuck it behind her ears". There's certainly a lot about Meghan that makes her unconventional in royal terms, but that clearly isn't stopping her from fitting right in!More news: Prime Minister hit by dramatic resignation as MPs debate Brexit
The pair travelled overnight on the royal train for today's engagements. Gradually we would expect the Queen to scale down her duties but never to abdicate as she believes in total dedication to duty and in the oath she took to serve her whole life when she was 21.
The duchess seemed uncertain about what to do with her hands as she chatted with David Parr, chief executive of Halton Council. She paired this with a thin black belt and black pointed-toe pumps.
Their visit includes the opening of the Mersey Gateway Bridge and Storyhouse in Chester.More news: How Paul Manafort is connected to Trump, Russia investigation
"The role she's taken on is very austere, it's very serious and I think there's a great weight that she has acquired through that and I think she takes it very seriously".
"There were moments when the two women laughed together and Meghan often leaned in towards the Queen, suggesting growing bonds of rapport and friendship".More news: Woman gets head stuck in truck tailpipe
- How did Anthony Bourdain die? Heart-breaking details reveal cause of death
- Robbie Williams won't Party Like A Russian at World Cup
- Bethesda Officially Announces The Elder Scrolls VI
- Fallout 76 is entirely online, has dedicated servers, can be played solo
- Cheryshev to star in tournament opener
- Who's the Spider-Man Game's Mystery Villain?
- Fortnite On Switch Has Built-In Voice Chat, No App Required
- Southgate's Lions are on their way to Russian Federation
- Sylvester Stallone being investigated for sex crimes
- Trade war: European Union to put tariffs on USA after Trump’s ‘depressing’ tweets