The heat will continue for the start of our workweek.
On Monday, the heat expands to the east with heat index values nearing or exceeding 100 degrees again for much of the Midwest, including Kansas City, Indianapolis and Detroit.
WEDNESDAY | Variable clouds with leftover shower and storm chances.More news: Saudi-led forces open assault on Yemen port city of Hodeida
The advisory is in place from 10 a.m.to 8 p.m., but mid-afternoon will be the worst time. An Excessive Heat Warning is in effect through Monday where heat index readings will range from 105° to 107° for four straight days.
We are sweating away the first half of Father's Day, then turning our eyes to the sky the second half.
Temperatures will stay mild through the night with a steady wind out of the south gusting up to 25 miles per hour at times.More news: Who's the Spider-Man Game's Mystery Villain?
Today will remain hot and humid, with everyone reaching at least the low 90s.
SUNDAY EVENING: Mostly cloudy, warm and breezy with a 20% chance for isolated showers or thunderstorms. Highs in the mid to upper 90s. Yes, it's pretty uncomfortable, but not as hot and humid as tomorrow will be.
Also, Saturday night storms were bringing flash flood warnings until early Sunday in central Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin. The hot weather is sure: highs 91ºF to 95ºF with a heat index near or above 100ºF. Flash flood watches have been posted for parts of the region through Sunday due to the threat of strong thunderstorms. Our rain chance will hold around 30% for Sunday and Monday.More news: Trump says USA to stop war games with S. Korea
While a couple storms could produce gusty winds and small hail, organized severe weather is not expected.
- 2nd Kansas sheriff’s deputy dies after shooting
- Sanctions Remain Until North Korean Denuclearization
- 5 dead as SUV being chased crashes in South Texas
- U.S., Mexico, & Canada to Host 2026 World Cup
- Oil prices drop on prospect of rising supplies Oil&Gas 09:40
- Indonesian Woman Swallowed By Giant Python
- Duchess Meghan makes first joint appearance with Queen
- Afghanistan ready for maiden test against top-ranked India
- Trump and Kim promise 'changed world' as historic summit ends
- Atletico Madrid attacker Griezmann: My future defined this week