While Indian Subcontinent waits for the sighting of the auspicious Crescent of the Shawwal, countries such as Malaysia, Australia and the UAE have reportedly spotted the moon. Qatar was also celebrating Eid on Friday.
Eid is also being celebrated in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates on Friday.
The met Office said that chances were higher of Eidul Fitr being celebrated on Saturday, June 16 across Pakistan.
In Pakistan, Maghrib prayer has just finished and moon sighting committees in Lahore and Islambad will tsrat their meeting soon.More news: Sylvester Stallone being investigated for sex crimes
Appeals to sight moon have also been issued by Hilal Committees in Lukcnow, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Patna, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chennai and other cities in India. If the moon is sighted on 29th, the new month begins the next day.
Eid al-Fitr is held at the start of the following month, which is called Shawwal and translates to mean the "festival of breaking the fast".
This process is followed as per the tradition of Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him). It is believed that the holy book of Quran was written during this month.
Muslim faithful, steadfast in observing the holy month of Ramadan this far, now look forward to the signal for celebrations.More news: Multiple Undocumented Immigrants Killed In Car Chase
The Shawwal moon-sighting committee will gather today..
He said: "In accordance with Islamic law, we have the honour and pleasure to announce that today, Thursday, the 29th day of Ramadan, 1439 AH, which is equivalent to June 14, 2018 has marked the end of Ramadan and the beginning of the new month of Shawwal".
Sa'ad Abubakar, sultan of Sokoto, has declared Friday as the day for the celebration of eid-el Fitr.
With the month of Ramzan coming to end, the question on everyone's mind is 'when is Eid?' Many Muslims are often asked this question in the month of Ramzan as their friends wait for Eid delicacies.More news: Sanctions Remain Until North Korean Denuclearization
President George Manneh Weah has reaffirmed his Government's unwavering support, commitment to the Islamic Community and to the promotion of religious tolerance here, in his message wishing the entire Muslim Community a Happy Eid Mubarak.
- OnePlus 6 Hits Record Sales, Rewarding India Customers with Cashback and More
- Afghanistan ready for maiden test against top-ranked India
- Saudi-led forces open assault on Yemen port city of Hodeida
- Woman gets head stuck in truck tailpipe
- Trump and Kim promise 'changed world' as historic summit ends
- Duchess Meghan makes first joint appearance with Queen
- Robbie Williams won't Party Like A Russian at World Cup
- More than 210 injured in Osaka-area natural disaster
- Kawhi Leonard wants out from San Antonio Spurs
- A hot, hazy and humid Sunday in West Michigan