The Charlotte Hornets apparently have a big trade in the works one day ahead of the start of the 2018 NBA Draft.
But now, thanks, surprisingly to a trade for Dwight Howard, the Nets nightmare might finally be over. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the teams have not announced the trade and the league can not approve the deal until the trade moratorium ends on July 6.
Howard, 32, is owed $23.2 million in the final year of his contract, while the remaining $32.7 million due to Mozgov is spread over the next two seasons.More news: Arsenal manager Unai Emery "excited" by arrival of goalkeeper Bernd Leno
Mozgov was not a significant factor for the Nets this season.
As the Cavs look to bolster their roster in an effort to retain LeBron James, Charlotte presents the rare trade partner who might be willing to part with its star-caliber players.More news: Eid to be celebrated across India on June 16, today in Kerala
One trade that's already been floated around is a deal in which Cleveland would acquire Walker and Nicolas Batum in exchange for Jordan Clarkson, J.R. Smith, Ante Zizic and the No. 8 pick.
Mozgov has two years left on his contract at $16 million per season. Mozgov signed a four-year deal worth $64 million. Acquired along with D'Angelo Russell, Mozgov began the season in the starting lineup but quickly fell out of the rotation entirely on a team that preferred to play small and shoot 3-pointers.
Howard averaged 16.6 points and 12.8 rebounds per game in his lone season with the Hornets, but his defensive rating tied a career low and he posted the second-least valuable campaign of his career. He also knows many other players throughout the league. The Nets will need money to expire off the salary cap to take on Howard's salary.More news: Plane carrying Saudi Arabia's World Cup team catches fire
- Indonesian Woman Swallowed By Giant Python
- Ball changed! Sri Lanka refuses to field in protest
- House to Vote on Broad Immigration Bill Thursday, Ryan Says
- James Rodriguez makes belated start for Colombia
- Allies unhappy with United States walkout from UN body
- Trump 'could issue pardons after Russian Federation probe', lawyer Rudy Giuliani claims
- Mexico's Marquez in 'great shape' at fifth career World Cup
- Black Panther star wins hero award, and honors a real hero
- Minister: S. Korea 'flexible' on timing, format of ending Korean War
- Multiple Undocumented Immigrants Killed In Car Chase