Prince Louis will be three months old, which is how old Prince George was for his Christening, while Princess Charlotte was two months old at the time of hers at St. Mary Magdalene Church, Sandringham.
"Prince Louis will be christened by The Archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Reverend Justin Welby", the Palace said.
The news was confirmed on Wednesday by Kensington Palace on Twitter, adding the christening will take place at The Chapel Royal in St James's Palace in London.
The good news for his football-loving dad, Prince William, is that 9 July is one of the rest days in the World Cup.More news: Multiple Undocumented Immigrants Killed In Car Chase
Kate Middleton and Prince William have announced all the details surrounding their third child's christening, from the date to the location.
Princess Charlotte was two-months-old.
This follows on from the announcement that Meghan and Harry will take a trip to Ireland.
The tiny royal will be christened at The Chapel Royal, St James's Palace, London.More news: Allies unhappy with United States walkout from UN body
According to Fitzwilliams, Prince Harry and Markle's attendance in the event is already a representation for the royal family. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will share photos but will keep the occasion as private as possible.
"Judging by the previous christenings, and the importance of the day for the family, Louis' christening will be a private affair, perhaps no surprise there".
The fifth-in-line to the throne will wear the same christening outfit his siblings wore: a replica lace and satin dress created for Queen Victoria's eldest child, 177 years ago.
William and Kate shared the first photos of Prince Louis in May, along with sweet images of him with big sister Princess Charlotte.More news: Instagram long-form videos reportedly launching today, with celebrity-led push
- Los Angeles Lakers acquire 39th overall pick in trade with Philadelphia 76ers
- Ronaldo And Messi's Record Against Iceland Is Truly Ridiculous
- Arsenal manager Unai Emery "excited" by arrival of goalkeeper Bernd Leno
- Ronaldo fans fuel Messi rivalry over penalty miss
- Manchester City to start title defence at Arsenal
- Oil prices drop on prospect of rising supplies Oil&Gas 09:40
- Ball changed! Sri Lanka refuses to field in protest
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have confirmed they're visiting Ireland next month
- Plane carrying Saudi Arabia's World Cup team catches fire
- A hot, hazy and humid Sunday in West Michigan