In case you'd any doubt in your mind about the fate of everyone at the end of 'Avengers: Infinity War', Tom Holland accidentally on goal let slip the title of the 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' sequel on his Instagram yesterday.
As for Spider-Man wanting to go places, though, Holland did give fans at least a taste of what's in store for the webslinger in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel.
As Holland pointed out in his Instagram post, "I'm a little confused because I died" - a reference to his apparent fate at the end of last month's "Avengers: Infinity War".More news: The new Time magazine cover slams Donald Trump over family separation policy
He said he knew nothing about the "Spider-Man." sequel but had received the script for the movie.
Next up, Spidey will appear in Avengers 4 (even though he's "dead") with Far From Home coming out mere months after the event sequel's release. "So, yeah, Spider-Man 2, let's do this". I'm super excited to read it and it's gonna be great.
The character was retconned into existence in the comics back in 2014 as the same spider that bit Peter Parker was said to have also bitten Cindy Moon (it never happened in the Stan Lee version). Tonight, Tom Holland revealed a very apt title for the spider-sequel.More news: Marin Cilic comes from behind to beat Novak Djokovic in Queen's final
Deadline reports that in the comics, Moon's a classmate of Peter Parker (aka Spider-Man) "who also is bitten by a radioactive spider around the same time as Peter".
Jon Watts will return to direct the Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel from a script written by Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers.
Tom Holland is rapidly developing a reputation as the guy you can't tell any secrets to, as he seems to have no sense of what is and isn't a major spoiler.More news: Elon Musk Is Offering To Help Kids Detained At The US Border
At least now we know the name as the world anxiously awaits Spider-Man: Far From Home in 2019.
- Incoming Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri 'wants to sign Dries Mertens'
- Government has changed position on Brexit law compromise - MP
- Catholic priest slaps infant across the face before baptizing him
- Switzerland's late victor over Serbia throws World Cup's Group E wide open
- Fan rushes to scene of XXXTentacion's death
- Erdogan, ruling AK Party take early lead in Turkish elections
- Instagram just declared war on YouTube with a new longform-video app
- Battle rages for airport in key Yemen aid hub
- German govt stands but no resolution in fight over migration
- New ‘Star Wars’ Story movies on hold because ‘Solo’ sucked