Harden is just the third Rocket to win MVP, joining Hakeem Olajuwon in 1994 and Moses Malone in 1979 and 1982.
The 79-year-old former guard who starred at Crispus Attucks High in Indianapolis and in college at Cincinnati before going to the National Basketball Association said it's time for players to speak out about politics and education, among other issues.
In the 33 games he played without Cousins, Davis averaged 30.2 points, 11.9 rebounds, two steals and 3.2 blocks while shooting 51.4 percent from the field. Houston general manager Daryl Morey was also named Executive of the Year.More news: UK's Prince Louis to be christened next month, palace says
Meanwhile, the battle for the Rookie of the Year award is between Philadelphia 76ers guard Ben Simmons and the Utah Jazz's Donovan Mitchell. Capela averaged a double-double with 13.9 points a game and 10.8 rebounds a game.
When the time comes to make a serious pitch to George, James or any other marquee free agent, Harden likely won't hesitate to do whatever he can to help improve the Rockets roster.
We have a new member of the Defensive Player of the Year club. Unfortunately for him, his incredible playoff run didn't factor into the voting (since MVP is a regular-season award).More news: Elon Musk Is Offering To Help Kids Detained At The US Border
"Do I want to do this again?'" Casey said. Gordon won the award last season. He has since become coach of the Detroit Pistons. Casey coached the East in the All-Star Game for the first time. Houston established a new franchise record for wins with 65 against only 17 losses.
- Harden hit 265 three-pointers this season, the ninth-most three-pointers hit by a player in a single season.
Former NBA player Dikembe Mutombo received the Sager Strong Award, named for the late Turner Sports broadcaster.More news: European Union leaders tackle political flare-up over migrants
The 6-foot-5 guard also posted the first 60-point triple-double performance in National Basketball Association history - 60 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds against the Orlando Magic.
- Trump orders establishment of space force as sixth military branch
- Koepka wins second straight US Open Championship
- Silk Spider-Man Spinoff Said To Be In Development
- North Korea 'total denuclearization' started; officials see no new moves
- Marin Cilic comes from behind to beat Novak Djokovic in Queen's final
- Battle rages for airport in key Yemen aid hub
- Catholic priest slaps infant across the face before baptizing him
- States can now force you to pay online sales tax
- 5000 people take part in Indian Embassy Yoga Day celebrations
- Instagram just declared war on YouTube with a new longform-video app