"This is one of the most hard moments for the team and me personally", the Juventus midfielder said.
Although Germany rebounded spectacularly with a superb win over Sweden after the Mexico defeat, Low's tinkering in selection for the South Korea match betrayed his lack of confidence in the whole team.
'We're sorry for not playing like world champions, and as painful as it is, we deserve to be out'. To football fans, the Germans going out in the first stage of a World Cup simply just does not happen.More news: Toni Kroos rescues German World Cup hopes with last-gasp victor
According to The Times, the squad was in disarray from the start and one particular incident seems emblematic of the problems Germany were facing.
Germany's coach Joachim Loew Thursday acknowledged that far-reaching changes were needed after the Mannschaft's shock exit from the World Cup, adding that he needs some time to consider his future with the team. They played so well in the other matches, it got my hopes up.
Loew brought on substitutes Mario Gomez and Thomas Mueller on either side of the 60-minute mark but his players kept giving the ball away, with most of their attacking combinations lacking precision and speed. Maybe we thought at the push of a button we could shift gears, but we lost against Mexico.
Germany ended up last in a group it expected to win.More news: Blood Moon 2018: Longest Total Lunar Eclipse of Century Occurs July 27
Their problems in Russian Federation began when they lost 1-0 to Mexico in their opening match.
FOOTBALL fans in Mexico have an unlikely favourite new team: South Korea.
"We decided in the DFB executive committee before the World Cup to offer a contract extension", DFB boss Reinhard Grindel told Frankfurt-based newspaper FAZ.More news: Messi Gets Face-Saving Kazan Mural to Match Ronaldo's
"We said before the tournament that it is the world champions who lead and shape the team". It's premature for me to say something, I'm incredibly disappointed.
- Twitter rips Hawks for trading Luka Doncic away
- Rudy doubt for Germany with broken nose
- US Supreme Court upholds Trump's travel ban
- Susan Sarandon joins group protesting Trump's border policy
- Ronaldo can't beat Uruguay on his own, warns Portugal coach
- Essam El-Hadary breaks World Cup record for oldest player
- Kennedy-authored Supreme Court rulings that changed America
- Joe Jackson, Father to Michael and Janet, Dies of Cancer at 89
- Medical milestone: US OKs marijuana-based drug for seizures
- James Harden wins 2018 NBA MVP over Anthony Davis, LeBron James