Trump tweeted Saturday morning from New Jersey that Democrats "are making a strong push to abolish ICE, one of the smartest, toughest and most spirited law enforcement groups of men and women that I have ever seen". According to Trump, the abolition of ICE "will never happen".
This came on the same day as a protest in downtown Dallas of family separations at the U.S. -Mexico border.
Homan was asked about the recent rhetoric from three New York Democrats: actress and gubernatorial hopeful Cynthia Nixon, Sen.More news: Toni Kroos rescues German World Cup hopes with last-gasp victor
Democratic Senator Kamala Harris has already made it clear that she favors "starting from scratch" on the matter of immigration reform, while Rep. Mark Pocan - a Democrat from Wisconsin - announced this past Monday that he would be bringing a bill to the floor to formally abolish the agency.
Democratic-socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the political upshot who defeated House leader Rep. Joseph Crowley (R-NY) this week, marched through Queens with approximately 2000 protesters.
Vitiello "brings to ICE the vision and leadership needed to continue the exceptional work the agency is doing to accomplish its crucial national security and public safety missions", Nielsen said in a statement. Unfortunately, President Trump and his team of white nationalists, including Stephen Miller, have so misused ICE that the agency can no longer accomplish its goals effectively.
"Even the cops don't like us anymore, because they're listening to the news also", said an agent who spoke on the condition of anonymity.More news: Trump narrows Supreme Court list, to name nominee July 9
Officers were holding a boundary line between federal and private property, and they would maintain a round-the-clock security presence "for some time", he said.
A federal judge ruled Tuesday that immigration authorities must unite families separated along the border within 30 days. "They are escaping conditions that us imperialism caused".
In Washington and across the country, thousands of people rallied to oppose the Trump administration's draconian immigration policies, including in Portland where dozens of protesters set up a protest camp next to an ICE facility.More news: US Supreme Court upholds Trump's travel ban
The "Abolish ICE" movement is certainly picking up steam.
- Blood Moon 2018: Longest Total Lunar Eclipse of Century Occurs July 27
- Uruguay happy that Suarez, Cavani find their rhythm together
- Ronaldo can't beat Uruguay on his own, warns Portugal coach
- Susan Sarandon joins group protesting Trump's border policy
- US stocks slide on escalating US-China trade tension
- Kennedy-authored Supreme Court rulings that changed America
- LeBron James’ free agency: Reports from around the NBA
- Apple's working on noise-canceling AirPods, over-ear headphones
- Gary Neville gives his prediction on who will win World Cup
- Colombia ready for ‘full-on, to-the-death’ England match