Again. James agreed to a four-year, $154 million contract with the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday, ending his second run with the Cavaliers.
But this one? This one is ... odd.
The Cavs played 81 postseason games - one contest shy of an entire regular season - the last four years, winning 55 of them. That's $38.5 million per season.More news: Admirable scenes as Cristiano Ronaldo helps Edinson Cavani off the pitch
Just as LeBron to the Lakers felt like an inevitability, the same can now be said for Leonard joining James in L.A.
LeBron James has guided his team to the NBA Finals in each of the past eight seasons. Because they own his "Bird rights" the Cavs can offer James more money than any other team - a five-year, $207 million deal.
O'Connor also reported James is not expected to sign with the Lakers on a long-term deal, if he does choose Los Angeles.More news: Fortnite is having a special one-time only event on June 30
Leonard wanted to move back to his hometown even before James settled on his future but the 33-year-old's decision will undoubtedly have convinced the Spurs ace that he can potentially win more rings if he moves to LA.
The decision to join the Lakers was not a surprise to his innermost circle, with one person telling AP that it had been presumed for some time that he was headed to Los Angeles next season. James loves the Hollywood lights, and with two homes in the Los Angeles area as well as a film production company, he has already established some roots in the land of movie stars and slow-moving traffic.
Now he joins an iconic franchise that produced the likes of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and Jerry West and won 16 National Basketball Association championships. And while he has always been compared to Michael Jordan, Johnson is the one whose game more closely resembles his own.More news: Colombia ready for ‘full-on, to-the-death’ England match
- Based firm to track Ranbir Kapoor-starrer Sanju's box office collections
- Susan Sarandon joins group protesting Trump's border policy
- LeBron James agrees to 4-year, $154M contract with LA Lakers
- Trump narrows Supreme Court list, to name nominee July 9
- LeBron James Is Reportedly Trying to Recruit Stars to Cleveland
- Gary Neville gives his prediction on who will win World Cup
- Jorge Sampaoli: I was instructing Lionel Messi vs. Nigeria, not consulting him
- Spain midfielder Andres Iniesta has announced his retirement
- Saudi Arabia not confirming Trump's 2M barrels
- America's Oldest Man, Richard Overton, Robbed of His Savings