But, the heat returns quickly with Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday closing in on 90°. As hot as it was, there were no records tied or broken.
SUNDAY: Extreme heat and humidity. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. "The big warmup will come right after the Fourth of July, with Friday and Saturday being the warmest days".
Some inland areas of ME, such as Fryeburg, could find themselves in a heat wave, which is defined as three consecutive days of 90-degree temperatures. A pop up shower can't be ruled out, but almost everyone stays dry so it's not much of a concern.
Clouds clear and so does the patchy fog.More news: Messi Gets Face-Saving Kazan Mural to Match Ronaldo's
This is what many of us look forward to after long, harsh winters. The Excessive Heat Warning is in effect from noon today through late Monday evening.
Excessive Heat Watch means the heat index will reach 100-105 degrees.
One difference from Saturday, winds will be a bit more brisk at times, gusting to near 20 miles per hour out of the south.
Temperatures will soar well into the 90s across much of the Plains, Midwest and Northeast again on Saturday.More news: Germany need big changes, says Loew after World Cup crash
Surging heat and humidity, which is forecast to be at its peak this weekend, could lead to a heat wave across parts of the Tri-State area. Download the CBS 58 Ready Weather app to track the forecast, see the temps and get alerts when warnings are issued. "Wear lightweight and loose-fitting clothing when possible, and drink plenty of water". More heat is expected next week.
Today - Sunny, with a high near 94.
In parts of OH, where temperatures were expected to reach the mid-90s, July 4th firework shows planned for Saturday were canceled because of the extreme heat. While mother nature may have her own fireworks display, it's still nothing to cancel the outdoor plans over at this point, just have a backup plan.
The heat continues into the week, with temperatures reaching well into the 90s each day. Highs are expected to be in the low 90s across the Valley with more storms possible during the afternoon. A cold front on Saturday will bring scattered storms, followed by highs in the upper 80s on Sunday.More news: LeBron James Is Reportedly Trying to Recruit Stars to Cleveland
- India Preparing for Cut in Oil Imports From Iran
- LeBron James agrees to 4-year, $154M contract with LA Lakers
- Southgate urges England to play Belgium without fear
- By the numbers: Messi and Ronaldo's knockout ducks; Kylian Mbappe emulates Pele
- Gary Neville gives his prediction on who will win World Cup
- Jorge Sampaoli: I was instructing Lionel Messi vs. Nigeria, not consulting him
- Twitter rips Hawks for trading Luka Doncic away
- Spain midfielder Andres Iniesta has announced his retirement
- Saudi Arabia not confirming Trump's 2M barrels
- Fortnite is having a special one-time only event on June 30