"Harry Maguire has emerged as England's unlikely World Cup hero following his impressive defensive displays for the Three Lions throughout the tournament and a number of top clubs are already queuing up to clinch the defender's services this summer".
Gareth Southgate's team play Croatia on Wednesday for the chance to meet France or Belgium in the final and Alli, who scored the second goal in the 2-0 last-eight win over Sweden, admitted he was not happy with his performance in that game.
"I've met quite a few of those players and we know exactly how they're held and perhaps, in the modern era, that would be even crazier".More news: Thai cave rescue volunteer diver dies from lack of oxygen
His father Sam has revealed his son is refusing to take his England kit off and among his first words were "Harry Kane" - and now the England captain has responded to his plight.
Nearly 20 million people in Britain tuned in for the victory over Sweden, not accounting for the many more who watched in pubs and public viewing areas.
"It's felt like a good holiday we've been on, no boredom at all, (we're) enjoying every moment of it".
"No one wants to go home".More news: Donald Trump urged to avoid controversial Supreme Court pick
However, Gareth Southgate, the team's forward-thinking coach, chose to switch formation to a 3-5-2 previous year in an effort to give more security to his defense, enable his midfielders to have more possession, and to get more support for star striker Harry Kane.
Thompson went on to explain that Maguire deserves to play at a bigger club and labeled him the English Van Dijk, "No disrespect to Leicester but I can't see him being there come to the end of the transfer window".
But the Tottenham Hotspur player, who grew up in Portugal and answered questions from Brazilian media in fluent Portuguese, says that a great part of the team spirit has been the commitment and approach of all players, regardless of their place on the team sheet. It's unbelievable because I was one of those kids growing up who wanted to play for England.
"This squad doesn't have those type of players, they are all of a similar level".More news: Donald Jr. Rips Montana's Tester as Schumer's 'Liberal Lapdog'
"Look, we are looking forward to hopefully finishing strong".
- EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt Resigns
- Fest possible in dream France-Belgium World Cup semifinal
- USA job growth strong; unemployment rate rises to 4 percent
- NATO Braces For Trump, White House Says Business As Usual
- Amazon Prime Day: All you need to know
- Anti-immigration U.S. policy protests on, 17 held
- England rocked by injury to star striker ahead of Sweden tie
- Parents of rescued boys now at hospital told 'no hugging' yet
- Former Navy SEAL: Thailand Cave Rescue Is Like 'Climbing Mount Everest'
- Brett Kavanaugh Revealed as Trump's Latest Supreme Court Nominee