The jump was flawless, the landing tight but successful, and Pastrana had done what he had set out to do - fulfill Evel Knievel's promise never to leave a jump unfinished, albeit 50 years later.
Pastrana's third jump was a recreation of Knievel's attempt to clear the fountain at Caesars Palace.More news: EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt Resigns
Knievel attempted the jump on New Year's Eve in 1967. He ended the night by cruising 149 feet over the fountains in front of Caesars Palace.
Knievel, who died in 2007 at the age of 69, jumped over 50 crushed cars (120 feet) at the Los Angeles Coliseum in 1973 and 14 Greyhound buses (133 feet) at Ohio's Kings Island amusement park in 1975.
"It's just such an honor to live a day in Evel's footsteps and literally his boots", Pastrana, according to ESPN.
Those in the USA will be able to watch Pastrana in action from 8 p.m. EST Sunday on the History Channel.More news: With Russia out, who will home fans back?
The fountains jump was actually the lowest and shortest of the three, but by far the most hard and unsafe because the run-up was less than 61 metres.
All three took place over the course of a few hours in Las Vegas, Pastrana rattling through them with nearly ruthless efficiency. I proposed to my wife here, I had (the) first Nitro Circus show here.
Travis Pastrana is no stranger to death-defying stunts. "I'm not done yet, but this was definitely one of the coolest things, the coolest thing I've ever been able to do".
Pastrana made the jumps on an Indian Scout FTR750, a motorcycle that resembled the v-twin Harley Davidson used by Knievel but was technically more advanced.More news: Rockets Sign Chris Paul To Four-Year Max Contract
While Knievel might not have necessarily been the most successful stunt artist in terms of, uh, completing all his jumps and stunts, he was among the most daring ever and inspired a generation to think bigger.
- Fest possible in dream France-Belgium World Cup semifinal
- Michael Cohen: Family, country before President Donald Trump
- North Korea is not denuclearizing. Yet
- Trump administration cuts Obama-era guidelines for campus diversity
- SCOTUS: Trump interviews senator as possible replacement for Kennedy
- Goleta Santa Barbara Fires Latest: Wind-Driven Blaze Destroys Homes and Forces Evacuations
- Merkel's Bavarian ally hopeful SPD coalition partner will back migrant centres
- Brazil vs Belgium: Tite happy with ‘below-par’ Neymar
- Trump makes Brexit deal 'priority' ahead of United Kingdom trip
- Donald Trump urged to avoid controversial Supreme Court pick