Though still a member of the Thunder, Anthony and the team are reportedly working together on parting ways, whether through trade, a buyout or waiving via the stretch provision.
The Houston Rockets re-signed free-agent swingman Gerald Green to a one-year, $2.4 million contract. "Oklahoma City needs Anthony's permission to waive his no-trade clause, which he has done to facilitate his exit, league sources said".More news: Travis Pastrana To Attempt Three Daring Evel Knievel Jumps
The move also puts the Rockets' hopes of retaining restricted free agent Clint Capela deeper into limbo.
And 33-year-old Paul, who signed a lucrative four-year $160m extension with the Rockets this summer, is believed to be pressing general manger Daryl Morey to chase Anthony's signature.
The 34-year-old is coming off his worst season in the National Basketball Association, as he posted career lows in scoring average and field goal percentage last season. He averaged just 11.8 points and shot 37.5 percent from the field for the Thunder in its first-round playoff loss to Utah.More news: Brett Kavanaugh Revealed as Trump's Latest Supreme Court Nominee
But, hey, maybe he could have been the one to make a key 3-pointer when the Rockets missed 27 straight in Game 7...
James's Los Angeles Lakers could also offer Anthony a possible way out of Oklahoma while remaining Banana Boat buddy Wade would also relish the chance to play alongside the former Denver Nugget in South Beach.More news: EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt Resigns
- Donald Trump urged to avoid controversial Supreme Court pick
- Merkel's Bavarian ally hopeful SPD coalition partner will back migrant centres
- Goleta Santa Barbara Fires Latest: Wind-Driven Blaze Destroys Homes and Forces Evacuations
- England rocked by injury to star striker ahead of Sweden tie
- With Russia out, who will home fans back?
- USA job growth strong; unemployment rate rises to 4 percent
- Fest possible in dream France-Belgium World Cup semifinal
- Parents of rescued boys now at hospital told 'no hugging' yet
- Cave rescue diver hails 'incredibly strong' boys
- Thai cave rescue volunteer diver dies from lack of oxygen