Developer Epic Games' popular free-to-play online multiplayer shooter Fortnite entered into Season 5 Thursday, introducing a number of new aspects to the game including new areas and a usable vehicle.
The battle royale, last-man-standing-style game starts with 100 players parachuting on to an island. All four members of a squad can climb inside, but also work together to enable higher jumps using a well-timed lean. The ATK also features a speed boost after drifting, the roof acting as a bounce pad and passengers in the back being able to help the driver leap over vehicles by leaning back and releasing.More news: Willian coy on Chelsea future amid Barcelona links
Now that Season 5 is underway, the Battle Star for the Week 1 challenges has been discovered with the hint coming via the loading screen that is unlocked following the completion of the necessary challenges.
After posting about his awesome player-made superhero film earlier today, Sonny Evans sent us the replay system cinematic above that shows off Fortnite's newest locales. We also know the update will add in the two skins featured in the image below, which seem to support the theory that the update will be themed around multiple worlds and time periods colliding. Epic has brought some of them down to earth in the form of Rifts. The center of the 7th, 8th and 9th Storm circles can now shift in random directions instead of just simply shrinking.More news: London pub renames itself The Trump Arms ahead of presidential visit
The company has also seen fit to indicate how many shotgun pellets hit a rival player, providing more context as to why a point-blank shotgun shot only registered 8 damage. While the list of changes is fairly extensive, one notable addition to the Switch version is gyroscope aiming.
The biggest changes are to the Fortnite map. To rectify this, players can earn XP for reviving their teammates in 50v50 and Teams of 20 matches.More news: Amazon Prime Day: All you need to know
The Fortnite Season 5, Week 1 challenges, in full.
- The Houston Rockets Are Reportedly ‘Determined’ To Get Carmelo Anthony
- Merkel's Bavarian ally hopeful SPD coalition partner will back migrant centres
- NATO Braces For Trump, White House Says Business As Usual
- Trump says he still has 'Rocket Man' CD for Kim Jong Un
- Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Kane hoping to inspire next generation by reaching final
- Apple iOS 11.4.1 arrives with USB Restricted Mode
- How significant is Trump's Supreme Court pick?
- Trump's surprisingly conventional Supreme Court pick Edward Morrissey
- Trump lawyer holds off on Mueller interview OK
- Who stepped up against Utah at Summer League?