"He has played a really good World Cup but to do it consistency is the main thing".
Lovren could return to Merseyside a world champion and after Liverpool's most recent preseason friendly, Reds manager Jurgen Klopp was asked for his take on Lovren's confident comments. "I sincerely hope that this message will not be understood as anything else but an expression of gratitude to our friends in Ukraine for their support", Vida said.
"It's not just football, it's a bigger picture for us unfortunately", he said.More news: Serena Williams In Tears After First Wimbledon Loss In 10 Years
"I just remember when the sirens went on", said Lovren.
"We love to be the underdogs", Lovren said in the wake of Croatia's England 2-1 extra-time win over England. Afterwards, captain Luka Modric rounded on the English media, saying they had underestimated Croatia; right-back Sime Vrsaljko labelled England a long-ball side.
French right-back Lilian Thuram scored his only two goals in a storied 142-cap global career in that semi-final 20 years ago. After the quarterfinal win over Russia, Suker said he'd be delighted if Modric replaced him as Croatia's greatest player of all time.
But the centre-back was in bullish mood after the match, hitting back at claims Croatia would be exhausted having already gone to extra-time in the two previous rounds.More news: Trump meets Queen Elizabeth at Windsor Castle
"I think now in many years people will remember us, not the '98 team", added Lovren.
Less than two months after lining up for Liverpool in the Champions League final, he is now heading for the biggest match in global football.More news: Trump calls out Sessions over Federal Bureau of Investigation lawyer Lisa Page's no-show at Congress
- Serena Williams makes Wimbledon final, 10 months after childbirth
- Federation Internationale de Football Association fines Croatia and Sweden over World Cup equipment breaches
- Illinois police officer off beat after dispute over Puerto Rican shirt
- Kieran Trippier ‘to be awarded freedom of Bury’ after World Cup
- Adviser comments on Iran’s presence in Syria
- North Korea’s Kim Jong-un writes Donald Trump
- Roger Federer eliminated at Wimbledon
- Furious Trump unleashes unhinged tweet against ‘Ex-FBI LAYER Lisa Page’
- Why Didn’t Obama Stop Hacking I Egged On?
- Kevin Anderson Outlasts John Isner in a Five-Set Marathon at Wimbledon