Here We Go Again has worked in the industry for decades, amassing quite an impressive fortune along the way.
"After I did "Fernando" [in the film], I thought it would really be fun to do an album of ABBA songs", Cher told "Today" host Kathie Lee Gifford. We get the part of the story previously only detailed in a journal, of young hippie Donna (Lily James) and her three wayward lovers.
"It's not what you think of when you think ABBA, because I did it in a different way", she explained.More news: 'Smoking hot' Pacquiao, 39, rolls back years to knock out Matthysse
The superstar recently suggested on Twitter her new album would be released in September, though no official release date has been announced. Last month, however, Cher hinted that fans could expect to hear the new music by September.
"It was fantastic, "the 69-year-old actress marveled. I can not believe that, but [Silkwood] was my first film, and she helped me", Cher recalled".
And Cher has plenty of reasons to celebrate these days. Her energy is contagious, her charisma is infectious, and her singing was not half bad! And while Cher plays Streep's mother in the Mamma Mia! movie (and grandmother to Amanda Seyfried's character), the two are actually only a few years apart in age in real life.More news: An own goal, VAR and memories of Pele
Cher also lends her voice to an ensemble rendition of Super Trouper near the end of the film. A jukebox musical of her own work, The Cher Show, premiered in June in Chicago and will transfer to Broadway in November.
I had a dream that writer-director Ol Parker's sequel to the feel-great Abba jukebox musical Mamma Mia! would recapture the giddy abandon of the first film, which smashed box office records in the summer of 2008 and had me dancing with fellow audience members at my local multiplex.More news: Soccer fans gather for World Cup final
- Charges against Maria Butina confirm 'infiltration' was part of Russian 2016 attack
- Croatia coach Dalic: Fatigue not an issue for us
- Israel, Hamas Reach Ceasefire Deal Following Rocket Fire, Airstrikes
- Netanyahu commends Trump for commitment to Israel in Russian talks
- Red Sox Are Apparently Still Checking On Manny Machado
- Adviser comments on Iran’s presence in Syria
- Tesla chief Elon Musk's latest outburst raises doubts on leadership, rattles investors
- Israel agrees to cease-fire with Hamas
- North Korea’s Kim Jong-un writes Donald Trump
- After Alaska closings, just 1 Blockbuster left in US