Sexton gave the Cavs fans a lot to look forward too.More news: Netflix shares tank after big miss on subscriber growth
He averaged 16.2 points and 7 rebounds for the Grand Rapids Drive of the G-League last season. Now, with LeBron out of Cleveland for a second time, Sexton will get more opportunities to lead the offense once the 2019 National Basketball Association season begins.
The NBA Summer League is a nice teaser for basketball fans who are itching for the upcoming season and a flawless time for the incoming young talent to burst onto the scene.More news: Tesla chief Elon Musk's latest outburst raises doubts on leadership, rattles investors
With only the championship game remaining, the Mableton, Ga., native leads the Las Vegas Summer League in field goals made (48) and attempted (112).
Collin Sexton hit 9-of-22 shots, a 3-pointer and 8-of-10 free throws for 27 points, three rebounds, two assists and two steals in 32 minutes of Monday's double-overtime loss against the Lakers on Monday night. The amount of intensity he brings on both ends of the floor is unquestionable.More news: North Korea’s Kim Jong-un writes Donald Trump
Osman, a forward, was often the summer league team's on-court leader, while center Zizic, who was excused to return to Croatia when his country reached the World Cup final, appeared in just two games. If that's any indication how Sexton will play in the actual National Basketball Association then you might say the Cavs got the steal of the draft. Either way, it looks like the point guard is ready to make his mark in the National Basketball Association.
- An own goal, VAR and memories of Pele
- After Alaska closings, just 1 Blockbuster left in US
- Pakistanis mourn after bombing at rally kills 128
- Apple gives MacBook Pros a much-needed shot of Coffee Lake
- Kieran Trippier ‘to be awarded freedom of Bury’ after World Cup
- France’s World Cup domination extends to Federation Internationale de Football Association 18
- Schwarzenegger slams President Trump after Putin conference
- Israel agrees to cease-fire with Hamas
- Iowa Politicians React to President Trump’s Statement on Russia Investigation
- 'Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again' review: Sequel is a seaside confection