In a Tuesday-morning tweet, President Donald Trump said his closed-door meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki on Monday was "better" than his summit last week with North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies in Brussels. U.S. Rep. Keith Rothfus, R-Sewickley, said in a statement that the House Committee on Intelligence confirmed that Russian Federation meddled in the election.
I will say this.
On Friday, the Department of Justice indicted 12 Russian intelligence officers on charges that they hacked Democratic email accounts during the 2016 election. Donald Trump is an American patriot.
Trump's statements "amounted to an unprecedented refusal by a U.S. president to believe his own intelligence agencies over the word of a foreign adversary", CNN says.More news: Modric wins the Golden Ball at the World Cup
Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, says Trump's performance at a summit with Putin was not "a good moment for our country".
Still, Trump considered the summit a bigly success, saying, "Well, I think we're doing really well with Russian Federation as of today".
In a joint press conference following the talks, Trump expressed confidence that they can work together to denuclearize North Korea.More news: After Alaska closings, just 1 Blockbuster left in US
"President Trump has just mentioned that we've successfully concluded the football World Cup. Absent his cooperation in achieving that justice, the United States should impose tough new sanctions on Russian Federation".
President Donald Trump said his Monday meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki was "better" than his summit last week with North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies in Brussels.
"President Trump just attacked our intelligence agencies and law enforcement for doing their jobs while standing next to a dictator who intervened in our election to help elect Trump". "He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press", McCain said.
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Putin critic, tweeted: "if it were me, I'd check the soccer ball for listening devices and never allow it in the White House".More news: U.S., Russian Federation will ‘work jointly’ to ensure Israel’s security
While it's good to keep lines of communications open, the United States must remain vigilant against Russian activities, she said.
- France’s World Cup domination extends to Federation Internationale de Football Association 18
- Collin Sexton is Taking Summer League Way too Seriously
- Apple gives MacBook Pros a much-needed shot of Coffee Lake
- Netflix shares tank after big miss on subscriber growth
- Iowa Politicians React to President Trump’s Statement on Russia Investigation
- Schwarzenegger slams President Trump after Putin conference
- US President lists Russia, EU, China as 'foes' ahead of Putin summit
- National Hot Dog Day 2018 freebies & deals TODAY
- Trump plays Putin's ball, but no breakthrough in Helsinki
- Croatia coach Dalic: Fatigue not an issue for us