The opener has bettered Windies great Sir Vivian Richards, England's Kevin Pietersen and Jonathan Trott, compatriot Babar Azam and South Africa's Quinton de Kock, who reached 1,000 runs in 18 knocks.
Famous for scoring big in the finals, Zaman had scored a splendid 100 in the ICC Champions Trophy final against India past year and just days ago he became the first Pakistani batsman to hit a double century.
Apart from this aforementioned feat, Fakhar scored 515 runs in this series and was dismissed only twice.More news: Trump says he asked Putin about Russia's election meddling, Putin again denies
Earlier this week, Fakhar Zaman became the first Pakistan batsman to hit a double century in One Day Internationals. This is the first time a batting pair has managed to achieve the feat in a single series.
Fakhar Zaman, who became the first Pakistani batsman to score a double century in the fourth ODI, just requires 20 runs to become the fastest batsman to reach 1,000 runs in one-day cricket.
The comprehensive win against Zimbabwe by a margin of 5-0 helped Pakistan surpassed its arch-rival India in the list of teams winning most 5-match ODI series by winning each match of it. The youngster has now managed to convert all his half-centuries into tons.
Salman Butt was the previous record holder for his country with 451 runs in the five-ODI series against Bangladesh in 2007.More news: U.S. voters: what's your reaction to Trump and Putin's meeting?
It has been some series with the bat for Imam-ul-Haq.
The triple-century opening partnership was the first in ODI's and Zaman-Imam together overtook the 286-runs Sri Lanka's Sanath Jayasuriya and Upul Tharanga had scored against England in 2006.
Prince Masvaure made 39 and Ryan Murray contributed 47 - personal bests for both players in their short careers - and Peter Moor finished off with 44 not out in a 67-run stand with Elton Chigumbura, allowing Zimbabwe to reach 233 for 4.More news: Hawaii: Flying lava shoots through roof of tour boat, injures 23
- Trump plans to repaint Air Force One red, white and blue
- Russian 'agent' Maria Butina held in United States jail over conspiracy charges
- Manchester United target double swoop for Croatia stars
- India becomes latest country to scrap tax on sanitary towels
- The Walking Dead: The Most Revealing Moments of SDCC's Season 9 Trailer
- National Hot Dog Day 2018 freebies & deals TODAY
- EU regulators fine Google record $5 billion in Android case
- Senators push sanctions to send Putin election meddling warning
- Fortnite’s in-game purchases have made Epic over $1 billion so far
- France’s World Cup domination extends to Federation Internationale de Football Association 18