The "Sorry, Not Sorry" singer's current condition is unclear, but her rep recently told TMZ that she is "awake" and "with her family".
"My dad was an addict and an alcoholic", explained Lovato.
Since news of Demi's scary incident went public, many of her friends have been speaking out on social media with well wishes and concern.More news: Fakhar Zaman breaks two more records in final Zimbabwe ODI
Bayer recalls that he told Lovato they'd stay if and only if she destroyed her cellphone, which could easily trigger her to a relapse with drug dealer contacts stored within it.
DeGeneres also expressed how heartbreaking the situation was, tweeting, "I love @DDLovato so much".
'Her friends and him are just hoping that she gets better and that she can be great and thrive'.
Lovato was scheduled to perform Thursday in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
"Mama, I'm so sorry I'm not sober anymore". It IS possible, ' Demi posted in March, talking proudly about her incredible victory.More news: Stocks end slightly lower as traders shrug off trade talk
She also revealed that at age 19 she felt the need to turn her life around.
She went on to a recurring role on the Fox series "Glee" and served as a judge on the American version of the reality singing competition "The X-Factor" for two seasons. While it is no news that the star has suffered addiction issues in the past, it was a shock for fans to discover that the singer had been reported as suffering from an overdose considering the star has been clean for six years now.
Singles like "Skyscraper", "This Is Me" (a duet with ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas) and "Sorry Not Sorry" firmly established Lovato as a pop music star. "She is a light in this world, and I am sending my love to her and her family", said Ellen. "I remember thinking, 'Oh my God, I might be overdosing right now'".
Lovato has spoken publicly about fighting substance abuse and eating disorders for several years, including spending time in a treatment center in 2011. "#ImConfidentInDemi Demi, I love you", Gaga wrote.More news: Mega Millions Jackpot Up To $522 Million, 5th Largest In Game’s History
- Trump’s financial aid offer to farmers criticized as tax-funded ‘welfare’
- Trump to Iran: 'never, ever threaten' USA again
- Senators push sanctions to send Putin election meddling warning
- Mourinho questions Pogba's commitment and consistency - for Man Utd
- Donald Trump to Iran President
- Man firing into Toronto cafes shoots 13 people, killing 2
- Fortnite’s in-game purchases have made Epic over $1 billion so far
- No Mega Millions victor Friday; jackpot climbs to $493 million
- Multiple people injured in Toronto shooting
- Thomas: To wear the yellow jersey is a massive honour