In February, Lovato told CBS News that her single, "Tell Me You Love Me" was actually about conquering her addiction as well.
Following the news, Demi's appearance on Tuesday's episode of "Beat Shazam" was pulled, and her July 26 concert in Atlantic City was canceled.More news: Thomas: To wear the yellow jersey is a massive honour
Our sources say Demi was transported from a home in the Hollywood Hills just before noon Tuesday, and is now being treated.
People quoted a "source close to Lovato" as saying the the overdose did not involve heroin. "Some of the information being reported is incorrect and they respectfully ask for privacy and not speculation as her health and recovery is the most important thing right now".
Her recent song "Sober", addressed her issues, though one line said: "Momma, I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore", which prompted fans to question whether she'd relapsed. "Our thoughts go out to Demi and her family", the network said.
Earlier today it was understood the LAPD responded to a medical emergency at Laurel View Drive in the Hollywood Hills, where Demi's home is situated.More news: Senators push sanctions to send Putin election meddling warning
2017 American Music Awards - Arrivals - Los Angeles, California, U.S., 19/11/2017 - Singer and actress Demi Lovato. She later shared the video from the show of her struggling to hold back tears as she sang the heartbreaking lyrics.
Lovato has struggled with addiction, specifically with cocaine and Oxycontin addictions, for much of her life.
The New Mexico-born performer rose to fame on Disney Channel shows "Camp Rock" and "Sonny with a Chance" 10 years ago and forged a pop career with hits like "Skyscraper" and "Sorry Not Sorry". "But let's be encouraging so she will get the help she needs".
"I was just really proud of her that she was honest, because it's really hard to be honest with yourself", Azalea told ET.More news: Fortnite’s in-game purchases have made Epic over $1 billion so far
- Offset arrested for alleged gun possession
- Donald Trump to Iran President
- Fakhar Zaman breaks two more records in final Zimbabwe ODI
- Rahul Gandhi sweeps Modi in embrace, says no aversion to BJP
- India becomes latest country to scrap tax on sanitary towels
- When to MISS the longest Lunar Eclipse of the century
- In election-charged Pakistan, Mahathir makes an 'appearance'
- Israele: Knesset approves controversial nation-state bill
- Adam Schiff, top intel Democrat, says Trump 'acts like he's compromised'
- Trump plans to repaint Air Force One red, white and blue