And at $512 million, the jackpot for the popular, multi-state game is the fifth largest in the game's 16-year history.
Someone in MI, or in one of 43 other states, could win over a half a billion dollars Tuesday night. Both tickets missed the yellow ball number, 1, that would have won them the entire pot.More news: Trump to Iran: 'never, ever threaten' USA again
Now at $522 million, the game's winning numbers will be drawn at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, July 24.
The victor could chose to take home a cash prize of $303 million. Since there hasn't been a victor in weeks, the jackpot has climbed to an estimated $522 million.More news: Offset arrested for alleged gun possession
Mega Millions is one of two national lottery games. The last winning jackpot wasn't that long ago - in May - with a $142 million ticket sold in Ohio. This is the seventh time the jackpot has exceeded $400 million. There has been a bump in sales since news broke Monday that the store could offer people a chance to win millions from a $2 ticket.
It may seem like everybody's buying lottery tickets, especially when the jackpots get this big, but actually only half of the U.S. population buys them.More news: Senators push sanctions to send Putin election meddling warning
The jackpot, now at $522 million, has surged past $400 million for only the seventh time in the game's 16-year history.
- Demi Lovato Taken To Hospital Following Reports Of Drug Overdose
- Thomas: To wear the yellow jersey is a massive honour
- Fakhar Zaman breaks two more records in final Zimbabwe ODI
- USA pushes United Nations to maintain sanctions pressure on N Korea
- Ireland beat Australia to claim Challenge Trophy at Rugby World Cup Sevens
- Villa backs Guardiola's City to retain Premier League title
- What Does Israel's New Controversial 'Jewish Nation-state Law' Mean?
- Trump’s financial aid offer to farmers criticized as tax-funded ‘welfare’
- Donald Trump to Iran President
- When to MISS the longest Lunar Eclipse of the century