Zuckerberg, 34, is now the world's sixth-richest person with US$70.6 billion, down three rungs on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
The fall came after a Facebook executive said profits margins would tumble for several years because of the cost of improving privacy safeguards and slowing usage in the Internet's biggest advertising markets, Reuters reported.
The "Dispatches" show featured an undercover reporter who went to work at Irish staffing firm CPL Resources, which acts as Facebook's largest centre for United Kingdom content moderation.More news: Michael Cohen tape fuels debate about Trump, cash and credibility
'Facebook's earnings disaster erased $120 billion in market value - the biggest wipe-out in U.S. stock-market history, ' Business Insider is reporting.
Investors frantically sold Facebook shares in after-hours trading on Wednesday, pushing the company's price down 18 per cent by the time the bell went on the New York Stock Exchange.
Facebook also warned that the toll would not be offset by revenue growth from emerging markets and the company's Instagram app, which has been less affected by privacy concerns.
Zuckerberg himself lost more than $15 billion in net worth in one day and is no longer among the top five billionaires in the world, USA Today reported.More news: Francesco Molinari wins Open Championship to become first Italian major champion
As an example of its new strategy, Wehner said Facebook will put more development muscle behind the company's Stories feature.
"A CEO who also serves as chair can exert excessive influence on the board and its agenda, weakening the board's oversight of management", the proposal says, according to the Business Insider.
"Bears win this quarter. but not the war", said Brent Thill, an analyst with Jefferies.More news: Republicans launch bid to impeach United States deputy attorney general
- The moon will turn blood red in Canberra early on Saturday morning
- Tape reveals Trump and lawyer discussing payoff over alleged affair
- Villa backs Guardiola's City to retain Premier League title
- PTI Leads on 91 Seats, Inching Close to Majority Mark
- Ireland beat Australia to claim Challenge Trophy at Rugby World Cup Sevens
- Alphabet hits a record high after earnings top expectations
- Trump Warns Iran: ‘Never, Ever Threaten the United States Again’
- Shep Smith calls out ‘personal friend’ Bill Shine for banning CNN reporter
- Demi Lovato Taken To Hospital Following Reports Of Drug Overdose
- US Resisting Pushes by North, South Korea to End War