Aside from a vacation, James' first outing after joining the Lakers was attending a Las Vegas Summer League game. Last week he got a call from Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson, someone Beasley long dreamed of meeting.
"I still regret giving my 14-year-old my name because of that", James said.More news: Israel shoots down Syrian fighter jet after alleged Golan Heights border breach
"You being a critic doing your job, [if] everybody do their job and stop judging a lot of players - me mainly - you will figure out that guys like me, Nick Young, JR Smith and Lance Stephenson and guys like that know how to play basketball and win basketball games, know how to get along with others".
In a sense Beasley is right.
At least we know the Lakers will be entertaining to follow.More news: Michael Cohen tape fuels debate about Trump, cash and credibility
Williams, himself a former Laker, has the receipts to prove it. Beasley, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2008 draft, is one of four veteran free agents the Lakers added on one-year deals, part of a supporting cast for James, who signed a four-year deal worth $153.3 million.
"I was trying to keep my emotions professional", Beasley said. Just before last February's trade deadline, the Cavs' front office went on a trading spree, sending Dwyane Wade to the Heat, Isaiah Thomas and Channing Frye to the Los Angeles Lakers, Jae Crowder and Derrick Rose to the Utah Jazz, and Iman Shumpert to the Sacramento Kings.
"The only thing I can do is give them the blueprint, and its up to them to take their own course whenever their time comes". "I think Josh Hart, Ingram, Kuz, Ball, I think they can all at some point in their careers be All-Stars and be leaders of their team. And we know with social media and text being the way people communicate, the form of conversation, actually talking, is kind of lost art".More news: Borussia Dortmund pip Manchester City 1-0
- China's Xi opens BRICS summit in South Africa
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says more records 'impossible'
- Shep Smith calls out ‘personal friend’ Bill Shine for banning CNN reporter
- Celebrities dazzle at Akash-Shloka’s engagement party
- What Does Israel's New Controversial 'Jewish Nation-state Law' Mean?
- US Resisting Pushes by North, South Korea to End War
- Ireland beat Australia to claim Challenge Trophy at Rugby World Cup Sevens
- MLB Rumors: Yankees, Blue Jays Have J.A. Happ Trade Agreement
- Francesco Molinari wins Open Championship to become first Italian major champion
- The moon will turn blood red in Canberra early on Saturday morning