Following Manchester United's pre-season win over AC Milan, Jose Mourinho was asked about Klopp's hypocrisy.
The City boss is still without 15 of the 16 players that went to the World Cup in the summer, with Portuguese worldwide Bernardo Silva playing his first minutes in the 2-1 defeat to Liverpool in the global Champions Cup.
Oleksandr Zinchenko believes City were a shade unlucky to end up losing to Liverpool.
"When we made a decision to extend the contract, first of all I am comfortable, the second one is the club trust what we are doing", said Guardiola.More news: Celebrities dazzle at Akash-Shloka’s engagement party
"To win consecutive leagues is going to be very hard, but we're going to try". We're going to see how many we have against Chelsea [in the Community Shield].and in what condition they will be, we will see.
"You have to be fair and now you have to demand and say the team with investments that they have made last season, in January, that they have made now, it will probably be the record of the Premier League this season".
"It depends on him", Guardiola told a news conference after City's 2-1 defeat to Liverpool at MetLife Stadium. We have three more years on the contract, but the results will dictate what will happen in the future.
"As football trainers we are always in a risky position".More news: Trump Warns Iran: ‘Never, Ever Threaten the United States Again’
Manchester United coach Jose Mourinho has termed Liverpool's spending as amusing and insists that the pressure is now on Jurgen Klopp to win the title. Always they are a contender.
Think further on just where Liverpool could've been had the five draws in their first 15 games of last season been turned into wins. Manchester City take on Arsenal away as they look to retain their crown.
"But it could be like what happened with Phil Foden and Brahim Diaz - he could stay with us, because from what we have seen in these days, the impression is good, so good", he added.More news: Michael Cohen tape fuels debate about Trump, cash and credibility
- Alphabet hits a record high after earnings top expectations
- Borussia Dortmund pip Manchester City 1-0
- Republicans launch bid to impeach United States deputy attorney general
- What Does Israel's New Controversial 'Jewish Nation-state Law' Mean?
- US Resisting Pushes by North, South Korea to End War
- Mbappe, Modric on 10-man list for Federation Internationale de Football Association best player award
- MLB Rumors: Yankees, Blue Jays Have J.A. Happ Trade Agreement
- No Mega Millions victor Friday; jackpot climbs to $493 million
- Shep Smith calls out ‘personal friend’ Bill Shine for banning CNN reporter
- Demi Lovato Taken To Hospital Following Reports Of Drug Overdose