Speculation has since developed since Pickford's exploits in Russian Federation, with Chelsea having reportedly lined the player up as a potential replacement for Thibaut Courtois, who looks set for a move to Real Madrid.
Willian, meanwhile, appears to have emerged as a target for the club.
The Brazilian had been the subject of interest from Manchester United and Barcelona in recent weeks.More news: Amazon earnings top forecasts on cloud computing, ad growth
According to the Daily Mail, Chelsea want to raise the stakes even further and demand he become the first £200 million player in history.
Chelsea would then have until the end of the month to tie-up a deal with Madrid to send Courtois to Spain because La Liga's window will remain open until August 31. Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain could also make the switch to London after Cristiano Ronaldo's move to Juventus.
Chelsea have reportedly submitted a second offer for the centre-back, expected to be around £40m.
Chelsea are happy to sanction Courtois' move as long as they can secure a replacement of their own, with Jack Butland looking increasingly likely to fill his gloves at Stamford Bridge.More news: Mark Zuckerberg just lost almost $16 billion in one day
Rowett told Stoke's official website: "I don't believe any rumours if I'm honest".
"That shows the level of player we've got at this club".
The Gunners midfielder is now in talks over a potential new deal.More news: Celebrities dazzle at Akash-Shloka’s engagement party
- Tour de France: Froome 'not going anywhere' after loss
- Following a meltdown in Facebook, Twitter plummets 18%
- Demi Lovato's friend asked for ‘no sirens’ in 911 call
- NY moves to oust cable provider Spectrum
- MLB Rumors: Yankees, Blue Jays Have J.A. Happ Trade Agreement
- Facebook in record plunge after shocking growth report
- Rangers Trade Cole Hamels To Cubs
- Nick Jonas And Priyanka Chopra Are Engaged
- LeBron James reveals one big regret about oldest son
- Met Office rain radar: When will it rain where YOU are?