While people checked into the theatres to watch the latest offering of the Mission Impossible series, Bollywood's Dhadak took a back seat.
There are a number of super successful action movie franchises out there right now, including Fast and Furious, Pirates Of The Caribbean, and the James Bond films. The film had good growth on Saturday as well as Sunday, and as a result the numbers are competing with what last in the series, Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, had collected in its entire first week [38.70 crore].More news: Israel releases Palestinian teenager who struck soldier from prison
The film earned positive reviews from critics and younger audiences, but also faced a fair amount of animated competition from both "Hotel Transylvania 3" and "Incredibles 2", which is still going strong in its seventh weekend and headed toward the $1 billion mark.
So far, in addition to the $61.5M domestic, "Fallout" has already earned $92M overseas for a current total of $153,500,000.
Cruise, returning as globe-trotting special agent Ethan Hunt, reunites with Ving Rhames, Simon Pegg, Rebecca Ferguson, Michelle Monaghan, Sean Harris, and Alec Baldwin. "Rogue Nation" went on to gross $682 million worldwide. It bows next in the United Kingdom, followed by Germany and Mexico.More news: Met Office rain radar: When will it rain where YOU are?
Denzel Washington's The Equalizer 2 slid to third with U.S. $14 million in weekend two, and Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation took fourth with United States $12.3 million. It took in $14 million. In North America, the animated threequel has pocketed $119 million.
Should predictions hold, Paramount's sixth installment of the franchise will finish on the upper end of recent forecasts, which ranged from $50 million to $65 million at 4,386 sites.
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again earned the second spot in the rankings at the box office this weekend, earning $15 million. The Denzel Washington-starrer has earned $54 million domestically since its debut, and outstripped its predecessor in its opening weekend by $2 million.More news: Mkhitaryan Is Happy That Aubameyang And Sokratis Are At Arsenal
- Transfer: Mourinho gives Manchester United list of five players to buy
- McManaman: Real Madrid need Bale to take more prominent role
- Donald Trump knew in advance about Russian Federation meeting, says Michael Cohen
- Galaxy Note 9 will relieve your battery woes, per Samsung's latest teaser
- Tour de France halted after police pepper spray affects riders
- LeBron James reveals one big regret about oldest son
- Wisconsin Soybean Farmer Reacts To Trump's Agreement With EU
- Mark Zuckerberg just lost almost $16 billion in one day
- NY moves to oust cable provider Spectrum
- Amazon earnings top forecasts on cloud computing, ad growth