The largest of them, the Carr Fire north of Sacramento near the city of Redding, has burned for more than a week and engulfed almost 190 square miles.
The largest blaze burned in the Redding area, in Shasta County north of Sacramento.
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection commanders said on Wednesday the fire, sparked by a vehicle on July 23, was burning with far less intensity this week and posed little immediate threat to populated areas.
The new orders expand the area under mandatory evacuation to west of Lucerne at Bartlett Springs Road and Highway CA-20, south of the fire, east of the fire, north of Clear Lake including the communities of Blue Lakes, Upper Lake, Nice, Lakeport, WitterSprings, Bachelor Valley, Scotts Valley, Saratoga Springs.More news: Interest rate rise is 'more challenging' to Scotland
However, authorities who had feared there might be more casualties reported on Wednesday (Thursday NZT) that all those who had been reported missing had been located.
Tired firefighters in Northern California were outflanking a deadly, 10-day-old blaze on Wednesday that has destroyed over 1,000 homes as authorities reopened more evacuated neighbourhoods and the last few people listed as missing were found alive.
"We're concerned with individuals that have no family", Bosenko said. More than 4,100 firefighters are battling the blaze. By Wednesday afternoon, containment was at 35 percent. It's now ranked as the sixth most destructive wildfire in the state's history after killing six and destroying more than a thousand homes.
Recent heatwave temperatures in the United States have meant that the country is more prone than ever to forest fires, as more fuels are available to promote growth.More news: Apple reaches US$1 trillion in stock market valuation
The Carr Fire is one of 17 big fires burning throughout the state. Gov.
We'll leave you with a few more photos.
Brown, speaking at a news conference Wednesday, said the state's exploding population combined with climate change has conspired to create ripe conditions for the prodigious blazes.
The Mendocino Complex Fire consists of two blazes - the River and Ranch fires.More news: 'It hurts to be called Hamilton's wingman', says angry Bottas
- Trump rejects conservative Koch donor network
- Trump Holds Florida Rally
- Trump says he's willing to meet Iran's president 'anytime'
- Manafort on trial: Jury hears of lavish spending on luxury clothes
- Trump to impose sanctions over Turkey's detaining of pastor
- Trump ‘looking into’ Americans 3D-printing own guns
- How to watch Manchester United vs. Real Madrid, ICC
- Florida man receives national attention for failed 'In My Feelings' challenge video
- Trump stresses a fall shutdown may be needed
- Apple in touching distance of $US1 trillion mark after profits jump