He hails from Ekeremor in Ekeremor Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.
Mr. Laolu Akande, Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Office of the Acting President, confirmed the appointment to State House correspondents.
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has met with the newly appointed acting director-general of the Department of State Services (DSS), Matthew Seiyefa at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Nigeria's head of the intelligence service has been fired after security services staged a brief "takeover" of parliament in the capital Abuja, at a time when President Muhammadu Buhari is out of the country.More news: People Killed in Santa Ana Plane Crash Identified
Meanwhile, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris has absolved his men of blame from Tuesday's blockage of the National Assembly (NASS) by security operatives, saying that the development came to him as a surprise.
"The presidency's sack of Daura was a damage-control stunt and a knee-jerk gimmick which came as a response to the national and global outcry against the armed invasion of our legislature", said a PDP statement.
Some APC lawmakers also in recent interviews with newsmen, warned that there will be no peace until Saraki resigned as president of the Senate. Saraki had called a meeting of parliamentary leaders to hold on Tuesday amid pressures on the lawmakers to approve funding for next year's election.
"The chairman of APC is now meeting with some APC senators".More news: Elon Musk tweets he may take Tesla private and shares roar
In a statement on Tuesday, a former Deputy Director General of the Nigerian Law School, Prof Ernest Ojukwu (SAN), said the acting President had "renewed great hope that our democracy shall survive".
Adding that he would move to have their visas revoked by western nations for their anti-democratic moves.
The resignation letter, dated 4th August 2018 however did not state any reason for the resignation.
In one of the videos, he is seen with Hon.More news: Chelsea beat Lyon on penalties following goalless draw at Stamford Bridge
- China tariffs threaten European capital goods supply chains
- China rejects U.S. demand to reduce Iran oil imports
- Rick Gates testifies that he committed crimes with ex-boss Paul Manafort
- Manchester United Reject €50 Million + Two Players Bid For Paul Pogba
- Browns get $3.5 million in escrow back from Corey Coleman deal
- Sur-Pies! Google shocks world with sudden Android 9 Pixel push
- Venezuelan Officials Say President Nicolás Maduro Is Unharmed After 'Attack'
- Brian Dawkins inducted into NFL Hall of Fame — Twitter reacts
- Idiot taunts Yellowstone bison by banging his chest - ends TERRIBLY
- Newcastle United players refuse to co-operate with media in bonus dispute