Chelsea are said to be "accelerating" their attempts to land France global and Lyon star Nabil Fekir ahead of Thursday's transfer deadline. But the transfer window is still long and everything goes very quickly in football.More news: U.S. unemployment fell to 3.9% in July
According to L'Equipe, Lyon will be happy to sell if Liverpool - or another club - submits a bid in the region of £60million but given that the Reds abandoned negotiations when the fee was £53million, it seems all but certain Fekir will stay put this summer.
Insisting on his happiness at Lyon, the skipper said:"As you can see, I am in Lyon. I am very happy here", he said in quotes obtained via the Mirror. In an interview, he was also open to the possibility of departing for the Premier League before the English window closes on August 9.
"I feel brilliant in this squad".More news: Google Testing A Censored Search Engine Just For China
"We involved him a lot in our build-up, but we need to get used to that a little bit more still - that's clear, [and] he needs to get used to it a little bit more, but there were a lot of good build-up situations, so that helps". I am very good here.
Fekir was thought to be on the brink of a £57m move to Liverpool FC from Lyon as the Reds looked to improve their attacking options following Philippe Coutinho's exit in January.More news: Elon Musk tweets he may take Tesla private and shares roar
- People Killed in Santa Ana Plane Crash Identified
- Spain, Portugal swelter as heat wave kills 3 people
- Browns get $3.5 million in escrow back from Corey Coleman deal
- China rejects U.S. demand to reduce Iran oil imports
- People Shot in Chicago During 14-Hour Time Span
- McGregor and Nurmagomedov agreed to battle known date
- Indian central bank raises rates for second time
- Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois tells Maurizio Sarri he wants to leave
- Venezuelan Officials Say President Nicolás Maduro Is Unharmed After 'Attack'
- Secretary of State Pompeo Meets with Turkey's Foreign Minister in Singapore