Keita became the club's record buy when the Reds agreed to a €60 million transfer a year ago, but to the deal's unique structrue, the Guinean only arrived in the summer of 2018 to bolster their midfield.
The Reds are widely tipped to challenge for the Premier League title this season following their £160m transfer spree, in which they have signed Fabinho, Xherdan Shaqiri, Alisson and Naby Keita to bolster a squad that finished fourth in the league last season, while finishing as Champions League runners-up.
The Reds stormed to victory over the Italians thanks to goals from James Milner, Georginio Wijnaldum, Salah, Daniel Sturridge and Alberto Moreno.
The dynamic Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, in theory, is another contender but considering he's recovering from a serious knee injury, will likely not be in action till the end of the 2018/19 season at the earliest. Dejan (Lovren) is in but he's not had a long holiday (after the World Cup final).More news: Indian central bank raises rates for second time
Jordan Henderson came on as a second-half substitute against Torino to make his first appearance of the summer, having been granted extra time off following the World Cup.
"He had to learn kind of a new position for him".
In the second half at Anfield midfielders Fabinho - who missed an early penalty - and Marko Grujic both filled in as Van Dijk only played 45 minutes but Klopp is not anxious ahead of Sunday's visit of West Ham.
"For Raggy (Klavan) and Joel it is probably not good enough as they are not fit for the weekend but we don't need 12 centre-halves".More news: Polls open for Kansas primary
Jurgen Klopp started his first-choice front three ahead of Sunday's top-flight opener against West Ham United and last-season's 44-goal hero Mohamed Salah was close to latching onto Trent Alexander-Arnold's seventh-minute cross.
'I am not sure but it is Hendo.More news: Spain, Portugal swelter as heat wave kills 3 people
- Bayelsa DSS director appointed acting DG
- U.S. unemployment fell to 3.9% in July
- China rejects U.S. demand to reduce Iran oil imports
- Sur-Pies! Google shocks world with sudden Android 9 Pixel push
- Tiger Woods says it's 'sad' to see WGC-Bridgestone Invitational leaving Akron
- President Kiir, all opposition leaders sign governance agreement
- Newcastle United players refuse to co-operate with media in bonus dispute
- The 3 Players Who Could Replace Paul Pogba At Manchester United
- China tariffs threaten European capital goods supply chains
- Quake strikes Indonesia’s Lombok island; tsunami possible