Crystal Palace have had no official contact yet this summer window from other Premier League clubs for Wilfried Zaha, their leading player, and would regard any attempt now to sign the player before Thursday's 5pm close of the window as having come too late.
The 25-year-old Zaha had been a target for both the London clubs heading into the final week of the summer transfer window.
However, the 25-year-old attacker has been tipped for a move again this summer after rejecting an improved £125,000-a-week contract and the Ivory Coast worldwide has attracted interest from the upper echelons of the league with Tottenham and Chelsea linked in recent months.More news: Maurizio Sarri reveals who he wants Chelsea to sign this week
Maurizio Sarri is due to sit down with Chelsea chiefs to discuss potential signings ahead of this week's transfer deadline and the Crystal Palace star will be top of the agenda. To add to it, Brazilian winger Willian is also a subject of interest for Manchester United, which has further increased Chelsea's need to strengthen in the wide areas.
"That would lead to comments that we don't think he's good enough to play elsewhere".
The Ivory Coast worldwide only penned a five-year contract with Palace last summer, but it has been suggested that the player is keen to secure a transfer to Chelsea.More news: Sur-Pies! Google shocks world with sudden Android 9 Pixel push
Nine goals in 29 Premier League games has seen the vultures circling for Zaha's signature, who only signed a new deal until 2022 last summer.
That prompted Palace to offer Zaha a new deal worth £125,000-a-week - although he only signed one for £100,000-a-week 15 months ago - but Zaha has rejected it in a bid to force a move.More news: People Killed in Santa Ana Plane Crash Identified
- Google Testing A Censored Search Engine Just For China
- The 3 Players Who Could Replace Paul Pogba At Manchester United
- Quake strikes Indonesia’s Lombok island; tsunami possible
- Secretary of State Pompeo Meets with Turkey's Foreign Minister in Singapore
- Newcastle United players refuse to co-operate with media in bonus dispute
- Indian central bank raises rates for second time
- Idiot taunts Yellowstone bison by banging his chest - ends TERRIBLY
- Brian Dawkins inducted into NFL Hall of Fame — Twitter reacts
- China rejects U.S. demand to reduce Iran oil imports
- Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois tells Maurizio Sarri he wants to leave